Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#91175 08/26/04 01:55 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Does anyone know anything about Hotel del Rio?
My fiance and I will be honeymooning there in January, but I've never been and would love some inside info before we finalize our plans!
Thanks.

#91176 08/26/04 02:18 PM
Not to knock Hotel Del Rio but I would explore other options for honeymoon accomodations. Do a search on lodging from the main page and you'll see lots of options. Depends if you want secluded, close to town a pool, etc.

#91177 08/27/04 09:06 AM
W
W
My Fiancee and I have stayed at Hotel Del Rio 3 times and we have no reason to stay anywhere else....

If you want a clean room and shower and you want to go explore everthing that AC has and take tours and go snorkelling etc then Hotel Del Rio is the perfect Place. Thomas and Roberto are both super nice and can help you set up anything as far as tours etc. Right across the street is another Roberto who does Snorkeling, Fishing etc. ( no diving that I know of ) behind the Hotel is La Popular Bakery ( a great place to go in the a.m. to get some great baked goods to start off the day ) There is also a Convenience store called Dalia's and they have everything that you could need. Papi's Diner is just a block and a half walk away and has great prices and great food. You are only about 2 blocks away from the split/hand ferry and it takes about 7 minutes or so walking on the beach and then you are in the center of the town.

If you want a pool, and people to give you massages and extra pampering that you would expect with an inclusive resort DON'T do Hotel Del Rio. If you want clean, friendly, reasonably priced accomodations GO THERE!!!

My fiance and I don't need frills, we just need a place to rest our heads at night and a place to shower in the a.m.

Have fun!!!!
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.