Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#95043 01/02/05 06:23 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Bobber, you disappointed me. I expected a funny comment. Regarding Cafe Amnesia, my friend would have loved a New York Yuppie type restaurant since she went to NYU law school. I will have to inform her that it is gone!
Barbara, thank you for your recommendations. Cafe Picasso looks like such a beautiful restaurant. I will want to see it just for the ambience. However, I can't see my son enduring slow service.
We will try the street vendors but am a bit wary only because I have a very weak stomache.

#95044 01/02/05 06:27 PM
don't worry about the tummy. Everything is fine. I don't know anyone who ever has had ill effects. Much better SV food than in any other part of this wonderful world I've been. (Much better than those NY dishwater hotdogs)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#95045 01/02/05 06:28 PM
If you want to try Casa Picasso, please do. Just telling you my own experience with it and kids. Many many people on this board love it. I would definately eat there again but not with my little ones. The Chocolate gateau dessert is fab!

#95046 01/02/05 06:39 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Barbara, I really appeciate your opinion and since my son is not a patient child, especially when he is hungry, I think we will pass by Cafe Picasso for dinner. Since we all love chocolate, it will be on my lists of "must haves" for dessert.

#95047 01/02/05 07:08 PM
Island Mom,
I truly hope that Barb's Belize doesn't hinderYour Belize trip, We would love to have you with us! I will happily make sure your son has a perfect bowl of spaghetti and meatballs waiting for his arrival, as we often do for many of the island parents of kids who call my wife "the doodle lady" excitedly when they come in. Or, alternately, come by for dessert, either way, thanks for thinking of us and we welcome you all.
Chris
Casa Picasso
PS:The chocolaye gateau that Barb mentions was replaced a little over a year ago, but we still have some fantastic choices!

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
#95048 01/02/05 07:15 PM
Sorry to disappoint. I am one of those who go to AC for conch, fish, lobster, some chicken here and there. I don't do the often raved about Chinese, Thai, or French or whatever. If I want to eat their food, I will go to their country (or jump in my car and go down the road a little bit.) I do think it a bit odd to go from country "A" to country "B" and then eat food from country "C". On the other hand, isn't it great to have a choice? Also, don't worry about the street vendors, or the kids who sell tasty little items their mothers make. Eat something you have never eaten, broaden your horizons. I also think your son will have a ball. Eleven is a good age to get the Carribean in their blood. laugh laugh

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#95049 01/02/05 07:40 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Dear Chris, I am sorry to say that I could not sell my kid on your spaghetti and meatballs. He happens to think his Italian mother makes the best ones in the world and no one else's compares. As a matter of fact, this Momma is wearing some sauce on her sweatshirt, right now, as it was Kevin's special dinner request of the evening and since Mom goes back to work tomorrow, she had to oblige. I have to admit, the meatballs were out of this world! A pastry chef, I am not. Therefore, I promise we will be at Cafe Picasso for dessert and a Martini for Mom. The kid loves gelato and smoothies. Do you have either?
Bobber, Kevin wants to be a marine biologist. Last year we camped in Maho Bay, St. John, USVI. Kevin can't wait to learn how to scuba dive. I keep telling him that they will check his I.D. so that even though he is big for his age and a good swimmer, he can't wear oxygen on his back until his 12th birthday. We have also been to Jamaica for Jerk chicken, Mexico for fish with Celantro and lime juice and St. John, for barbecued ribs. What is the speciality in Belize? I also believe you travel to a certain region to learn about their cuisine. I love Thai food but wouldn't go to Belize to sample it.

#95050 01/02/05 09:53 PM
True, I haven't been to CP since March so things could be different now! Let me know! wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.