Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Can't decide........going in May, familiar with the location of Belizean and like that it's close to Ramon's for beach/swimming. Never ventured north of town. Is there any beach by Paradise, or just a pier to swim from? Comments? Suggestions? Comparisons? Thanx.

Paradise Villas has a nice pool, Belizean Reef has none. PV is still in what I think of as town just the north side of town.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
J
J
We stayed next door to Paradise Villas at the Blue Tang. Definitely still in town. PV looked very nice.

Last two visits we have stayed at Belizean Reef. The condos are beautiful. The first time we were there was in March, didn't miss a pool at all. Last time we were there was in September and we did miss a pool. That being said my first inquiries for availability for our next visit will be at the Belizean Reef. Jean

I can't comment on Belizean Reef but Paradise Villas were just along from where we were staying - they looked very nice but no beach as the sea goes right up to a wall, Wet Willie's/Blue Tang and pier on one side with a beach beyond that then the beach with piers with town behind on the other side. Along the top of the wall is the beach path connecting the 2 beaches then there is the boundary of Paradise Villas. You could use the 2 beaches either side though if you wanted. Paradise Villas is really convenient for the town. Happy choosing!

B
B
I can't speak for Paradise Villas, but am happy to recommend Belizean Reef Suites. Ken, the manager/owner is very friendly, helpful, and runs a tight ship. The condos are immaculate, and I believe that is commonly one of the compliments you will find that are paid to Belizean Reef. As for location, both places are what I would consider at the edge of town, and I certainly had no problem walking to where I wanted to go in town.

It doesn't have much of a beach if you wanted to lay out (i.e., not like, say, Belizean Shores or Captain Morgan's)--it has just enough for a few chairs and hammocks. Of course, no pool, either, but my wife and I didn't miss that. Ken owned the condos, then sold the individual units off to private owners and manages them all. Apparently, his style of management and competence do something for the value of the places, because two 1br condos in Belizean Reef recently sold for around $225,000 or so each.

PV is a nice place to stay. See my post on the Captain Ron inquiry by cottage1. It has picture links.

egcntrk - glad you posted these pictures as on cottage1's previous post asking about PV, Belizean Shores or Yacht Club, Cigarpete had replied that PV had plenty of beach frontage - I'm not sure if that confused cottage1 as I said that there was the wall with the beach path and no beach. I was trying to rack my brains if I'd got it right or not but your piccies show that there is the wall there so I was thinking of the right place

Not a problem, C from UK. There really is no beach to speak of in front of PV since there is a sea wall. The area between the compounds garden wall and the sea wall is heavily traveled, too. Not an ideal spot to lay around but PV's and Wet Willie's has nice piers to hang out on. However, there are some really nice seating areas just inside PV's front gate, under the palms, to sit and take in the view. Hum, seems the sea wall ends at Wet Willie's so a short walk puts one on a beachy area.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.