Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
pollita Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My fiancee and i would like to spend our honeymoon at the Mata Chica Beach Resort.
I would like to know what are the best and cheapest airlines one can take. Also, what is the nearest airport near the resort .As well as any comments in regards to the resort.

There are 3 airlines that I'm aware of into Belize. American, Continental and Grupo TACA.
Depending on where you are coming from and what is available....that's who you use.

Once you land at Belize International....you will need to catch a smaller commuter plane to Ambergris Caye on either Tropic Air or Maya Island Air.
I personally fly on Tropic.....not that it is any better...I just like the planes better.

Once on Ambergris Caye....you will be picked up by the staff at Mata Chica.

I was just up there last week. It's beautiful! Very artsy....furnishings are gorgeous! It would be a great place for a honeymoon.

Nadia and Philip, the owners, are very guest conscious. Nice people. I did not eat while I was there, but I undersatand the restaurant is good too.

During your stay here....you can also take the island ferry from Fido's dock to Mata Chica. There is a schedule and it's $15 bz. each way per person.

Hope this helps and have a very happy honeymoon! [Linked Image]

Basil Jones Resort & Club http://www.glentree.com

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 01-15-2001).]

Truly a remarkable place. Every tile is hand made, the finest touches are everywhere. Special French painter flown in to do the exteriors. Interiors are heavenly.

see:
interior at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/matachicainteriorcut.jpg

and exterior at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/matachicaexteriorcut.jpg

which are from our Computer Wallpaper (large pics) section at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/

lotsa killer BIG pics (smaller sizes of each also)

Like Sandshaker said, you will find Nadia and Phillipe give the attention to detail and the FUN of the visitors the HIGHEST priority.

Great pics Marty!......captures it perfect!

For the longest time I have traveled by there on my way up north and thought the paint needed to be redone.....and was faded.
Then when I actually went there....I realized it was like that on purpose.
It's like a color wash finish....beautiful up close.

The whole resort is beautiful! Feel like your in another world almost.

I was highly impressed! [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.