My trained eye and 30 years commercial construction experience say the bridge would have a 15 ton rating for a single axle truck.
That would be a 10 ton rating in the states as they use a 'cover your ass' safety factor.
As I have stated before, The GOB has no roads north of the bridge. That is why the bridge had to be built with private funds.
Once you reach the north side of the bridge you are on easements or right of ways or just a path that someone put in to keep you outta their yard. It is nothing but a path cleared of vegetation.
No gravel--no swales--no crown--no culverts to divert water, etc. and it is a drama when it rains a lot--it is maintained by (well sort of) by the land owners along the way.
If a cop stops you tells you are breaking some traffic law or something tell the cop he is trespassing---'cause he is unless he is on the beach. Then he is on "Q. E.'s land and might have a case.
Bottom line--it's not a road
We whine and complain because we have to use "it" everyday rain or shine.
Don't bitch at the town board or the GOB because it won't help.
If we are patient and don't rag on certain resorts more than once in a while I believe free enterprise will turn this path into something that San Pedro wishes they had. (Am I subtle or what?).
And then what happens?
You got it.
TRAFFIC