Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trip Reports Jump to new posts
Re: Picture of the Day Amanda Syme 02/16/24 04:52 PM
My Sister Fiona is photo of the day today.
826 7,891,466 Read More
Classifieds Jump to new posts
Free Windsufing Gear Misty&Blair 02/14/24 11:56 AM
Hi all, I have free older windsurfing gear to give to a happy recipient. All is in very good condition, and is perfect for the trade winds in the cages. This includes an 8’6” custom epoxy board, 3 Realwind sails, 3 carbon masts, chinook booms/universals. And lots of extras. I’m am located about 2 miles south of San Pedro. You can call or text me at 503-803-0088. (US phone). Hurry, I’m here for 7 days. Thanks, Blair
0 92 Read More
Living in Belize Jump to new posts
Shipping Container Homes / Real Estate Lawyer cmiser 02/12/24 12:29 PM
Hello All,

I'm interested in buying land and then shipping down at least 3 shipping containers that would essentially be prebuilt with all of the plumbing, wiring, walls, ceiling, and appliances for final assembly in Ambergris. I'd do the foundation, pier work, and crane work working with locals. Does anyone here have any experience with clearing with customs with shipping containers to your property (possibly through QRP) or a good customs broker who would be able to facilitate?

Also does someone know of a good real estate lawyer to would be able to review a real estate contract for validity? Also QRP lawyer/consultant?

Cheers,
Chris
0 139 Read More
Ambergris Caye Jump to new posts
Carnival in SP Ecotrekker56 02/09/24 02:04 AM
When is Carnival on the island? There are some adds showing this weekend and some websites saying it starts on the 23. Which is right? I don't want to miss some of the events. Thanks.
0 216 Read More
Chat Area Jump to new posts
Re: Banyan bay timeshares Blake Sonnier 02/06/24 06:42 PM
We have a demand from Alaia that we release our timeshare as well.. Have not signed it yet but got an email form them wanting us to send the signed release, not sure if what they are doing is legal. We paid up front so our only obligation is the maintenance fee which we have never be late on. Our contract is for every year anytime, except Christmas and new year, ocean front and they are valuing it at $10k to buy us out.. But we have no option to keep our timeshare so kind off like getting robed and they return 10% of what the stole from you and that's supposed to be fair.
43 51,276 Read More
Re: HABANEROS Diane Campbell 02/05/24 03:20 PM
The police station is already there and manned 24/7.
2 801 Read More
Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Windsurfing Gear for Sale Misty&Blair 02/02/24 09:47 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have some older top quality windsurfing gear for sale. Its all in good shape, and perfect for heavy trade winds in the Cayes. The reason for selling is that I had an injury, and am no longer able to enjoy the sport.
The gear includes an 8'6" custom RealWind board, several reduced diameter carbon masts, chinook booms and universals. three sails, plus lots of extra stuff for backup. I probably paid close to 3K US when I purchased everything.
I would like to get something for it all. Make me an offer. I am located in San Pedro about 2 miles south of town. I will be there 2/12/24-2/20/24 My U.S. cell phone is 503-803-0088 thanks
1 525 Read More
Specials & Events Jump to new posts
Super Bowl 2024 Jimmydunk 02/02/24 08:56 PM
Heading to Ambergris in about a week from Kansas City. Wondering where the best place to watch the game would be? Go Chiefs!
0 174 Read More
Living in Belize Jump to new posts
Re: Lumber stacking question... dabunk 01/30/24 01:28 PM
I stack mine single layer with boards between each layer to allow for maximum drying. I put my stack under my veranda out of the rain. I think a tarp would stifle drying and trap moisture.
1 289 Read More
Rent Andy2580 01/27/24 02:15 AM
Anyone got any suggestions or insights on places for rent? Trying to get a feel on prices and such for a year or more stay. Been to AC three times and have met some awesome people all over the island. The final goal would be to move permanently.

Andy
0 304 Read More
Employment Jump to new posts
Explanation of "Pay Scale"? LarkCayeRes 01/23/24 05:19 PM
Could someone please explain how the "Belize Pay Scale" works?
For example, on page 331 of the following doc it says:

PAYSCALE NUMBER 5 Range: 11837 x 712 - 25365

Can anyone explain what that means? How much a year is a person paid?

I am also curious about how civil service pay compares to private sector pay.

Belize Pay Scale Doc
0 252 Read More
All Things Butane/Propane Generators Boise2Belize 01/23/24 05:14 PM
Wondering about who is using a generator for back up power when needed. What brand are you using? What was initial cost, how often do you use it? Building a new home in AC and some recommend 24KW 220 amp. This will be a part time rental so will be important in case issue arise during rental. Thank you
0 296 Read More
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,192
Posts499,999
Members20,449
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.