Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#283632 06/09/08 10:56 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Belize Blogs

San Pedro Scoop
About 5 years ago, I moved to San Pedro, Belize from Manhattan. I traded bonds for Lehman Bros. Holy crap, what a change. Now I just finished a 3+ year stint as manager of a popular (sometimes gritty) bar. As you can imagine, I've met the good, the great, the bad and the ugly. I've got lots to say and so�here it is. I want to show all sides of island life; give you the SanPedroScoop. The island is one of the most beautiful places on earth but every day I see something hard to Belize.

My Beautiful Belize
Belize is Beautiful and we want to share all of it with you! Regular updates on this website will showcase locations & adventures from all over the country

I-Travel Belize
We travel the country of Belize, our home, and give you an up close and personal view of our jewel through pictorial articles and video footage of our own experiences in Belize and by doing so promoting the Belizean experience to Belize and the World!

Tia Chocolate
Tia Chocolate writing on Island Life. Short stories, anecdotes, Life on Ambergris Caye, Belize..

Tacogirl
Tacogirl brings you lots of information about San Pedro and Belize.

Salt Life Belize

Belize Scoop
John Eiley from Corozal. Here's his Facebook page...

Dulce Belize Weddings
I am originally from Belize and grew up in the wedding industry. My mother Dulce ran and operated Sweet Decorations and events for over 25 years! I am an artist and have owned an Art Gallery since 2008. When my mom remarried and moved to Georgia, I jumped on the opportunity to follow in her footsteps. In 2015 I re-branded the wedding business and here I am 6 years later helping couples make their wedding dreams come true.

Bubba's Bird
How to master the The Bubba Birdwatching Philosophy .... Birding in Belize with Elbert Greer and Bubba

Belize Hub
Belize Hub enjoys the reputation of being all things to all people, appealing to consumers and business leaders alike.

Caribbean Culture and Lifestyle Belize
Catering to those curious innature and those with a passion for travel.

Belize Hotel Association Blogs

PUR Belize
I moved to Belize in 2014 with my husband and dog - we bought a small resort in Placencia on the Caribbean Sea, and we have been building it into a tropical paradise ever since.

Cahal Pech Travel Blog
Come and experience Belize's natural wonders. Whether it be exploring an ancient Maya city or zip lining through the unspoiled rainforest, there's plenty to do here.

Chaa Creek Travel Blog - Your Travel Guide To Belize
Our online Belize Travel Guide covers tips, things to do, where to stay, recipes, news, travel deals, pictures and wildlife in Belize.

Cahal Pech Travel Blog
Come and experience Belize's natural wonders. Whether it be exploring an ancient Maya city or zip lining through the unspoiled rainforest, there's plenty to do here.

Develop People Blog
Development Updates From Belize

Picture Belize
A travel blog featuring the nature & landscape photography of AJ Baxter

The 501Birder
My name is Francis Canto Jr, I'm a birder 23 years old from the small Central American country of Belize hence the name of the blog, 501 is the phone code of Belize. I decided to start this blog to share my various birding adventures with other while showing them the importance of protecting the vulnerable environment we currently live in.

Chef John Malik's Blog
a writer in a cook's body... Originally from New Orleans, John Malik is a Chef, Restaurant Coach, and Food & Travel Writer.

Belizing.com Blog
Follow us as we showcase top things to see and do in Belize.

Belize Happy Adventures

365 Belize
It's official! After 10 trips in 5 years, we have made San Pedro, Belize our new home! (Well, at least for a full year.) We had experienced several styles of vacations in San Pedro - from lavish to economical - before we decided to take the leap and move here from Minnesota. We invite you to join us on our journey! It's going to be a wonderful ride!

Caves Branch Blog
Adventure is what Caves Branch was built on, and Adventure is still what Caves Branch is all about. But over the years, the Caves Branch jungle lodge has evolved from extremely rustic Jungle River Camp with outhouses and bathing in the river to our most recent 5 Star Luxury Tree Houses with roof top decks and hot tubs to relax under the stars above.

Bound for Belize
Adventurer, world explorer, thrill seeker � not really. Just a guy who spent nearly 40 years writing and editing for newspapers and one really good news website. Well, that's over. And so is the struggle to live well and with dignity in this country.

Mahogany Bay Village Blog
Latest news from Mahogany Bay Village.

Romantic Travel Belize Blog
Belize's chicest lifestyle and travel blog from 7 year full time resident Lara Goldman. Sharing thoughts, tips, tricks and insights, this blog is a refreshingly honest portal into Belize's travel and romantic waters (and ruins, mountains, waterfalls, caves and jungles too!).

Lessons in Belize
Living, traveling and retiring in Belize!

San Ignacio Resort Hotel Blog
Catch up on all the latest news and updates from San Ignacio Resort Hotel and around Belize.

Vet Tails�an Island Adventure
Hello! My name is Samantha English. I grew up in Ontario, Canada and graduated from the Ontario Veterinary College in 2006. After almost 10 years living and working as a veterinarian in Florida, I decided I was ready for a change. After much thought I decided that moving back home to the cold motherland was not in the cards. After months of searching and planning I found myself living and working at Saga Humane Society in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.

Belize Invest Blog
The Authority on Business, Investment, and Current Events in Belize. The Belize Invest Blog is designed by BELTRAIDE to stimulate discussion on issues regarding doing business in Belize, the investment climate and to discuss opportunities, suggestions, statistics and policies that influence economic growth in Belize.

Dogs of Caye Caulker
Charming Dogs on a Beautiful Caribbean Island!

Belize- building a new life
I intend to cover the entire building process and 'throw in' things like QRP, dental treatment in Belize, banking, shopping. Really a potpourri of subjects.

Belize Wedding Photography
Conch Creative is a team consisting of award winning and internationally published photographer Maya Papovic and creative director and business manager Colette Kase.

Olivera Rusu
Photography in Belize. Wedding & Family photographer

Caye Caulker Chronicles
News of Caye Caulker and the rest of Belize.

As The Coconuts Drop
A little slice of life in Maya Beach, Belize, by Barnacle Bill.

First World Refugee
Lisa, Ronnie and Dooley-Bear (he's the dog) moved to Ambergris Caye and know how to have fun.

Caye Caulker Peeps
Hi I'm Alex! I'm a backpacking, website developing, blogging misfit who loves exploring new cultures and meeting new people. I was born in a small town in a conservative state and got out as soon as I possibly could. I've been living as a digital nomad for the past four years, freelancing to fund my adventures and love of travel. I came to Caye Caulker in February, and loved it so much I decided to stay long-term.

The Bats of Southern Belize
Information and Resources for Belizian Bat Researchers

SouthernBelizeExpertise
Opinion & stories about authentic travel, culture, nature and adventure experiences in the geographically and ethnically diverse Toledo district of southern Belize. Rob and Marta (The Lodge at Big Falls) do this blog, after formerly doing The Toledo Howler for nearly 5 years.

Astrum Helicopters
Where do you want to go today?

Back to Living in Paradise
Caye Caulker, Belize, its just like any Midwestern town, with palm trees and Spanish accents.

Travel Without Pants
This page will help you with information about Corozal Belize. Please be patient as I post on my blog. Thanks and I hope you enjoy, share, like, comment on my post.

Cayo Buay
GET THE PEOPLE PRENDIDO. I was born in Belize City, Belize on Sept. 01, 1975 and raised in the beautiful town of San Ignacio, Cayo; both places in the Central American Country of Belize. Hence the name Cayo Buay, it is Kriol for Boy from Cayo.

Filmbelize
I intend to cover the entire building process and 'throw in' things like QRP, dental treatment in Belize, banking, shopping. Really a potpourri of subjects.

Wildtracks blog
Wildtracks is working towards the sustainable future of the natural resources for the people of Belize, through conservation, research, education and sustainable development.

Untamed Belize blog

Maya Island Air
We welcome you to our blog, and hope you return to learn about the company, our staff, the airline, and most importantly�.Belize. We hope to educate and excite, and bring a new voice to the airline community in Belize. Through our blog we encourage you to ask questions, give your ideas, and let us know how we are doing. Who knows�.you might even be our new guest writer!

Atlantic International Bank Blog
Atlantic International Bank Limited (AIBL) provides international banking services to non-residents of Belize since its incorporation in November 2000.

yobubba's journal
Incredible birding reference...

BelizeBus Blog
Belize Bus Schedules & Travel Information

Twisted Palm Villas
After traveling the country extensively, we decided on the northeastern island of Ambergris Caye. The island is small enough to offer the simpler life we were looking for, but not so small that daily life could become a chore.

Rice and Beans - John Pascoe in Belize
I'm a volunteer from the UK, working for the BCVI (Belize Council for the Visually Impaired). My blog is a collection of stories, information and general musings, as I work, live and travel in Belize.

Taking Belize
Bill and Debra We hope you enjoy reading our travel and expat blog.

Belize Bird Rescue
A day to day account of life with the parrots at Belize Bird Rescue - a non-profit rescue, rehabilitation and release centre for indigenous birds of Belize.

Grand Caribe Belize
Grand Caribe is one of the premier Ambergris Caye resorts specializing in luxury Belize condo rentals near the town of San Pedro.

Winjama's Belize
A Journal of our adventures in Belize, Dave and Dianna in Paradise. Follow along as we fall in love with the former British Honduras. There's postings of what we found, what we've done, What we plan to do, and a whole bunch of photos as it occurs.

e-Learn to Dive
e-Learning to dive on line is a hot new program to be launched May 22nd by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. With this new Knowledge Development online, student divers will have done this part of the course at home with me guiding then through as a instructor, wasting no time after arriving before they get to the warm, clear Caribbean part.

Diving News for White Sands Dive Shop
Today's Diving News, Sightings, New Trips, Who's New and where is the adventure today.

Education in Belize / Guidance Counseling
Gustavo A. Ramirez is an educationist with many years of experience in the field of education. He has worked in capacities as teacher and guidance counselor in secondary schools since 1978, and has been instrumental in incubating and nurturing guidance counseling through systems, curricula and people development, both in Belize and the United States. Ramirez, a professional educator, completed pioneering research studies and worked with students of three Belize high schools (1977-1978).

Letters to my friends
American expat, living in the Stann Creek district of Belize

Twocanview
It's not black and white, red nor blue. We love our country and our people. We believe that we, as a nation,are on the precipice of greatness. We also believe that the tentacles of the past are holding fast and steady, creating a certain paralysis of even our greatest minds. We welcome differing views and ideas, even controversial ones. We hope that everyone who joins us in this endeavour can once again begin to hope for a better Belize.

Moonracerfarm Belize
Moonracer Farm Belize has gone from being just a farm to being Moonracer Farm Lodging & Tours as we open our new business.

Belize Adventure Travel
Discover Belize's natural beauty and charm one adventure at a time

Reset and Restore
Life rarely goes as expected. I find myself around my mid life; hitting a reset button - and praying for restoration. For each Facebook post, or Tweet, I tend to have hours of inner dialog...and no outlet. That is largely a paradigm of my own creation, and this blog shall be an outlet.

The Wright Time
In March 2012, we made the decision to get out of our comfort zone of being retired in the States, embark on an adventure, and move to Belize. From house remodeling projects and cooking with different ingredients to learning more..

Belize Blog - Belizeadventure.com
Behind the Scenes at a Belize Adventure Company. Slickrock's Belize travel blog

Expat Mike's Journey
This blog contains the thoughts and experiences I have had. I hope to document the process that I am going through with my journey into retirement. It is intended to be informative and entertaining (hopefully). Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

Unbelievable Belize
There is no such thing as a passive democracy.

Nautica Seafood Grill & Bar
Chronicles the trials and tribulations (read self-inflicted descent into insanity...) of opening a restaurant in Belize (San Pedro)

San Pedro Vibes
PUP - Belize Rural South

Habanero Press
Belize's Hottest News Source

Village View Post
"Only in the darkness can one see the stars", from Crooked Tree Village, in the Belize District

Kate and I

belizecuisine
I am a lover of food especially food from Belize. I love to share recipe ideas with other food lovers. Also, I enjoy learning about different ways to spice and flavor foods, so, I am open to all the cooking tips available. I do enjoy a cocktail or two or three (smile) on occasion, at the same time, I love to share my favorite Belizean cocktails, in return to getting cocktail tips, ideas and recipes from others.

The Great Blue Hole in Belize
Approximately 45 miles from Ambergris Caye, the almost perfectly circular Blue Hole is more than 1,000 feet (305 meters) across and some 400 feet (123 meters) deep. The hole is the opening to what was a dry cave system during the ice age. When the ice melted and the sea level rose, the caves were flooded, creating what is now a magnet for intrepid divers. Today the Blue Hole is famed for its sponges, barracuda, corals, angelfish-and a school of sharks often seen patrolling the hole's edge.

Below here are old blogs or blogs not recently updated....

Lower Dover Field Journal
Real Belize� The Right Way!

BelizeBritts's Blog
Jim and Jacquelyn moved to Belize in 2004 after spending much of their adult lives as US Navy Deep Sea Divers. Jacquelyn specialized in the Navy's Marine Mammal Program handling sea lions and dolphins with the US Navy's Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) as well as conducting underwater repairs on navy ships. Jim was a Navy Chief specializing in underwater repairs to ships and submarines as well as operating a recompression chamber for the treatment of injured divers. They moved to Belize in 2004

Belize it or not...Bear & Em in Belize!
We're a couple of expats who decided to retire to Ambergris Caye, Belize from North Carolina. We built a condo on the beach north of San Pedro and moved in with our Boston Terrier Paisley in August 2011. This blog chronicles our experiences after moving to Belize.

Croc Blog
Follow ACES crocodile adventures, rescues, relocations and croc education. Be sure to check ACES Blog everyday! The New ACES is underway, and lot's of great croc research and other crocodile things are happening everyday!

Belize Institute of Archaeology
Preserving the Past for the Future Mission. The Institute of Archaeology (IA) is dedicated to the research, protection, preservation, and sustainable management of Belize's cultural and archaeological resources.

Life and Adventures Living in Belize
Life on the Placencia Peninsula

Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
We are a small LOCAL group, trying to improve the Emergency Rescue in Ambergris Caye, Belize. We need YOUR help. Please contact us for more information.

The Pelican Team Blog from Ambergris Caye, Belize
Posts about real estate on Ambergris Caye and posts about other things too.

Island Time
enjoying life in a San Pedro Belize beachfront hotel... In 2003, I created Caye Casa - a boutique hotel on the beach in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. That's where I live, write and play innkeeper for one of the best hotels in Belize - nature's best kept secret.

Colette & Maya
Follow the adventures of Colette and Maya in their new home on Ambergris Caye off the coast of Belize. Old blog they did.

Belize Walkabout
The fair and balanced view and reviews from a Gringo living in Belize. I'm not selling some book saying you can live here for a dollar a day. I'll give you the naked truth on the good, the bad, and the ugly. You got any questions, just ask...

Western Belize Happenings!
News of the Western Belize Recreational Area, about 500 square miles of waterfalls, caves, Mayan ruins and pyramids, Belize Alps, foothills, ranches and farms, tourist accomodations of all types and description, tours and expeditions for vacationers and visitors. By Ray Auxillou in Cayo

Belize Field Notes
Camera traps, natural history and news featuring Chan Chich Lodge

Peninsula Citizens for Sustainable Development
PCSD was formed in 2006 by concerned residents from all communities on the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize - Maya Beach, Seine Bight and Placencia. Their concern was the rapid, unplanned, poorly executed and unsustainable tourism development of the Peninsula.

Roots and Reef - PCSD's newsletter (produced in conjunction with South Coast Citizens for Sustainable Development).

Real Estate In Belize
A public blog offering up to date information on the real estate market and investment climate in the Central American nation of Belize. A public blog offering up to date information on the real estate market and investment climate in the Central American nation of Belize, by Chris Burkey

Images of Belize
Images from the small Central American country of Belize, by Tony Rath

Fishing in Belize
The rantings and ravings (and a few good stories) of a Saltwater Fly Fishing Fanatic

The Two Gringas
The adventures of two middle-aged white chicas as they wander the Americas...

Placencia Lagoon
Science, conservation and mitigation projects in Placencia Lagoon Belize

Tropicat's Blog
This blog is about living in the jungle with modern amenities! I have crash course posts on Solar Energy, Building Off-Grid, Easy Satellite Internet Access, Water Supply Considerations, the Domestic Cats' Life in the Jungle and many more educative and fun articles.

Changes in Latitudes
Living the Good Life

Boydies Belize Blog
After 4 yrs here in San Pedro Belize, I finally realised how much I love this place and thought it about time to share our experiences here in and out of work! Sharon Boyd

Belize Free Internet Consortium
VoIP news and block bypass info. BFIC is a grassroots organization dedicated to promoting free use of internet services in Belize. Liberating Internet Content Since 2006

Holy Cross Anglican School

The (mis)adventures of Cindy
This is the story of a muppet living on a small island in the Caribbean. She adopted a dog and a cat from the humane society, makes films for a living and have some really weird days....

Picturing Life in Placencia
My name is Fiona. I live in Placencia, Belize and love taking photos. This is my photo journal of Life in Placencia.

Snoopy's Big Adventure
A handsome ex-pat pup and his family move to Central America. This is his attempt to document these new experiences for his old and new friends ;) WOOF WOOF

Random Thoughts On All Things Belizean!

Don't Stop Belize'in!
Tommy, Sara, baby Egan and dog Jesse MOVE to Caye Caulker, Belize. Here we are keeping our friends and family posted...

San Pedro Belize

A King's Life, Dream, Explore, Discover
We've just arrived in San Pedro. We're a family of 4 (with a 3 and 1 yr old) and are looking forward to meeting more expat families here.

Not So Normal News
Denny Shane's old blog....

Hot In Belize
Zac's blog, aka Henry A. Zacharias

Last edited by Marty; 04/21/21 08:31 AM.
Thanks for compiling this list and putting the links on the main page. It really gives those of us who are anticipating a move to Belize a lot of inspiration!!

mikeywaz
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
yeah lots of really interesting information in the blogs. many are super up to date

oops

Last edited by flip flop; 06/12/08 09:29 AM. Reason: blog already listed
read above, it's on his list

I was catching up on Mexico bloggers this morning and thought this was a good post by Heather in Paradise.

http://heatherinparadise.com/2008/06/07/things-people-cant-believe-about-my-life-here/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

D
D
another to add to the list

http://traversbelize.blogspot.com/

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks!!!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks Leah-Ann!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.