Just got back to San Pedro from my annual visit to San Ignacio. Cayo is a wonderful change of pace from Ambergris Caye...it has a nice Central American charm as opposed to the Caribbean ambience of San Pedro. The Tour of Belize professional bicycle race came through San Ignacio and it was an exciting experience to see the cyclers make the tight downhill turn at the San Ignacio Police station then across the famous Farnsworth tall bridge. A carnival and reggae concert were also in town this past weekend...San Ignacio was really hopping. Stayed at both the Midas Tropical Resort and Venus Hotel during my stay...owned by the same family, both always provide friendly service and pleasant accomadations...my homes away from homes. Serendib's Resturant continues to serve my favorite dinner...curried shrimp, savory rice, and deviled potatoes. A pleasant surprize was the Firenza Italian Restaurant on the side street across from Belize Bank on Burns Street at the center of San Ignacio. Handmade authentic brick oven pizza and fresh to order pasta were great...this restaurant is Italian owned and represents a great new option in San Ignacio. Needing no praise is Hanna's on Burns Street. Look for the packed up restaurant...I enjoyed the BBQ'd Lamp ribs...this place really does it right. Cayo has a wonderful array of activities; cave tubing, float trips, Mayan ruins, and a very rich and diverse ecology. Again...a very pleasant place to be.

Last edited by Bill Thornton; 02/18/08 12:20 AM.

Gone fishing!!