Yes Elbert, the favoritism has been blatant and of course it goes beyond Elsa. These deals had to go through our misrepresentative and be approved from on high. It is irresponsible government to say the least. Why they cannot see the importance of protecting what brings our visitors here I will never understand. It is very illogical to tear up the environment to accommodate tourists who won't come if we tear up the environment because it will no longer be a "special place" as it once was. I just don't get it.

Greed is the order of the day. We desperately need a government that cares about the people of San Pedro and the environment in which we live.

I for one am sick and tired of being talked down to by politicians who are not all that sharp. Most Belizeans are intelligent and thoughtful and do not swallow the bunk that our politicians try to dole out. They think they are smarter than the people as a whole because they are in the government but it just ain't so. Even though the educational system has let down many in the community, to think they are fools or not that bright would be a serious mistake. Respect the people.

Our "leaders" need to listen and learn and then try to lead if they are capable, not just "decide" what they will do. Even when the people shout they are not listened to. Whats next, carrying rotten fruit to the meetings?