You can still purchase SIM Cards and calling minutes online via the HOT Guide (the SIMs will be back in stock tomorrow). When you place the order I email you the number so you can give it to friends/family back home and I can either get it sent up to your resort, or you can pick it up at the Tropic or Maya desk in San Pedro on your way through.

You have 30 days to register the SIM once it has been activated, so depending on how long you intend to be here or if you don't intend on returning, you may decide not to bother. If you do decide to register it, you can go to the BTL office in town, with the SIM in the phone and your passport or driving license as ID - it just takes a few minutes and is free to register.

You don't say when you are traveling but you might want to purchase your airtime for the next double/triple credit day (BTL run them every few weeks) and I will work with you via email to try and get the most for your money.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com