Hey Ross, I was in AC in Aug and stayed at El Pescador. If your into fishing, this is the place to stay. As far as equipment, unless you have AT LEAST an 8wt set(for small Bones), you better rent the rods from them. They have 12 wt rigs for the big Tarpon and belive me, you'll need it. You won't believe what a 100 lb tarpon can do to your rig. I had a 9 1/2 ft 10 wt that exploded at the site of the massive tarpons.

Anyway, the cost they quote I believe is not only for the guide but also the room rate. I felt it was well worth it. They took care of every single task from plane tickets, meals, trips to town, to getting us really drunk. If you stay there ask for Jim. He is a master fly fisherman and will teach you everything you need to catch the big ones.
They have casting platforms off their docks so you can practice your cast with Jim and believe me, if you haven't done this type of fishing, you're gonna need it.
They also have rod holders in all the rooms to help you stay organized. That was quite helpful since I tend to be a bit of a slob on vacations.
Overall,a great place to stay but a bit out of the way. Its not in the "downtown" area but does sit close to Capt Morgans Resort. They will also provide a water taxi whenever you want one to get in town and do the "tourist" thing.
They cater to all types of fishing as well as any other excursion you can think of (maybe for the wife...) I would strongly recommend the cave tube/ Zoo trip. Excellent time.

As I write this , I am having wonderful flashbacks of AC. You're gonna love it. I can't wait to get back there.

Enjoy

[This message has been edited by R9986 (edited 10-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by R9986 (edited 10-23-2001).]