You have gotten good feedback. All of this points to the fact that you should not try to "reserve" your diving ahead of time. You need to pick and choose what days you want to dive and where.
I'm surprised to hear so many people reporting "they went anyway." My experience has been just the opposite. Any number of times when a trip was scheduled for the next day, that afternoon/evening it was announced that the boat would not be going the next day due to wind/surf.
When the seas are rough sometime you can dive the reef. I've gone out when it got very rough just as we went through the cut and we turned around and came back. One time we actually had 3 divers in the water and 3 more ready to go when it kicked up and we called the divers back.
Maybe I'm just lucky but
ALL OF THESE times we were given "make-up" dives.
My first two trips down we dove with Billy & Ched @ Hustler's. My last three times things had changed at Hustler's mad Ched was running his own boat so I dove with Ched. Ched now owns his own boat.
I just suggest being open, honest and flexible. No Problem MON!
Good luck.
Harriette

About Ramon's
I think they are over priced and too resortie for me. But lots of people love that kind of thing. On A/C you can find anything to fit your life style and pocketbook. I had a friend I traveled with who had to eat in "All the right places" where ever we went. It wasn't so much about "being there" as "saying where you had been." Humm . . . maybe that's why I don't rave so much about Amigos Del Mar. If you are a novice diver you will probably love them.
I'm sure if you are more specific in what you expect you will get the feedback you are asking for.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles