Top 10 differences between high and low season, in Placencia, Belize!
We are almost getting to the end of September, which is the low of low season around here. There have been some really nice posts I have found about guests coming here and having a great time recently, and I try to encourage guests not to rule out a trip here this time of year, despite the negative stuff you might read. I thought since this is such a timely topic, here is an honest take on some of the negatives that make it "low" season. Everyone has their own level of sensitivity to these issues, so hopefully this will help you decide if these factors will make a difference for you! 1.) Temperature - Summer and early Fall here are HOT and muggy. It is hard to quantify if it is that different from the rest of the year. I can say that in the winter months, I spend plenty of time in the evenings wearing a long sleeve tee shirt, and I never go near one this time of year. In the middle of the day, hot is just hot.....there isn't a SUBSTANTIAL difference between high and low season in the middle of the day - you are not going to want to hang out in the sun all day unless you are under an umbrella or in a pool. In low season, you are going to feel muggier and warmer at night, and you will NOT need any warm clothes. While you can get away with no a/c in the winter, it is pretty miserable to try that in the summer. The humidity is the difference, which brings me to the next hot topic....

International Sourcesizz

Teachers in Belize gearing for industrial action
Teachers were gearing for another round of industrial action on October 3 after their union demanded that the Belize Government meets its eight demands . The Belize National Teachers Union (BNTU), which staged a successful one-day demonstration one week ago, said that the action may extend beyond Monday even as Prime Minister Dean Barrow urged teachers to "call off this destructive crusade". The teachers have been protesting the delay in salary adjustments as well as a series of other national issues. Barrow said he had sought to address the demands of the teachers in his correspondence to the union earlier this month and that "I made further efforts to do so in last Thursday's meeting.

Shyne Makes Appearance At Bad Boy Reunion Tour
The Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour continues to impress and leave audiences in awe with its guest features and surprise appearances, but no one saw this one coming. During the Newark, NJ stop of the tour the crowd was shocked when former Bad Boy and P. Diddy's 90's co-d, Shyne made an impromptu appearance during the show� kind of. The taped - or DVR'd - appearance was played on the silver screen for all to see and featured the Brooklyn rapper - minus the payot curls - dipped out in black and rocking the mic to "Bad Boyz" from his hometown of Belize. You'd think with all the bad blood between Diddy and Shyne because of the infamous nightclub shooting of '99 might've still been lingering. But with the 16th anniversary of his debut album, Shyne, having crept up the man who was once criticized for being a Biggie soundalike let it be known that it's been "an honor and a privilege to be a part of one of the greatest record companies ever."

Videos

• A Look at the "Dangerous Life of John Mcafee", 5min.

• Lorna Perez, Surveillance Officer a the Epidiomology Unit, explains how the suspected cases are tested, 1.5min.

• Papa John - Bex Fi Belize Produce By Delus X Parham An Fob, 2min. Bex Fi Belize ...The New Anthem By Papa John Showing His Support For Bex. Not everyone gets their own song! Miss Belize Universe.

• Bayside in Belize, 1.5min. Relaxing on the bay at the Almond Tree in Corozal Belize.

• Mayor's New Home, San Narciso, Belize, 1min. Putting in the floor on the mayor's new home in San Narciso, Belize.

• Southwest Airlines Belize to Houston, 16min. Takeoff from Belize and landing in Houston.

• 4th Annual Caribbean Youth Leader's Summit, 1.5min. Belize hosts the 4th Annual Caribbean Youth Leader's Summit! Things kick-off tonight at 6:00pm at the Radisson Fort George Hotel. Check out the video to hear what Tijani has to say about the Summit.

• Caribbean Youth Leaders Summit at the Radisson in Belize, 59min.

• Popcaan live in Belize City, 50min.

• Belize Carnival 2016, 30min.

• Bike ride in Belize , Placencia, 6min.

• Fly fishing for tarpon in Belize, 14min.