He's one of the repositories of knowledge at the Lands Department, his critics mockingly call him "God" - because he is virtually all knowing about the affairs of the lands department.

But tonight Lands Commissioner Wilbert Vallejos is no longer all that. In a text message exchange, he just confirmed to 7News quote, "I submitted today, my letter of resignation from the post of Commissioner of Lands and Surveys." Vallejos had worked at the Ministry of Natural Resources for 22 years - but while he had survived many changes of ministerial leadership - it was widely known that the PUP wanted him out.

When we asked him today if he was pressured, he said, quote,

"I tested positive for Covid during election week and am still struggling with post covid effects.

But also, I have held the Commissioner post for 10 years and believe it's time for someone else to take it on." End quote.

And while he's still recovering, many in the PUP are rejoicing because they perceived Vallejos as the facilitator of many land transactions under the UDP which are now being closely looked into for irregularities.

Channel 7