A great single woman traveler guide for Belize from Adventurous Kate

[Linked Image]

I love Belize - and I love traveling alone in Belize. This tiny country borders Mexico and Guatemala, but it hardly resembles either Latin nation. Belize is all about Caribbean culture instead - languid island vibes, reggae-influenced dance beats, spicy chicken stews, and some of the clearest, bluest water you've ever seen in your life.

Belize is like candy - a sweet and forbidden indulgence. If you're looking to travel solo in Belize, you're going to have a wonderful trip.

Truthfully, Belize was never high on my list of places to visit. I had heard nice things about the country, but it seemed more like a means to an end - a pricier stopover en route from Guatemala to Mexico. While backpacking in Central America, I met several travelers who opted to speed through Belize or skip it altogether to spend time in cheaper countries.

But then I got to Belize - and WOW, was I ever wrong. I loved the country so much more than I expected. People were skipping this?! Sure, Belize was more expensive than Guatemala or Nicaragua, similar to Costa Rica prices, but it had the goods to back it up - it was wild and gorgeous with so many cool adventure activities. I snorkeled with tropical fish, explored sparkling caves, and left Belize with tons of new friends!

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Adventurous Kate Blog