Hello All,

I have been reading this message board for a few days now. I am posting now because my Husband and I are taking our very first trip to Ambergris Caye in 3 weeks and 2 days! Can't wait. I had researched all kinds of destinations for a quick trip, but my husband (who does none of the travel research) suggested Belize! I couldn't believe it. I'm so glad he did. After doing some preliminary research, AC looks like exactly what I was searching for all along! Now, here's my question. We will only be in Belize for 3 days. We arrive at BZE at 1:20 on a Thurs. afternoon and have to fly out at 2:15 on Sunday. Given this time constraint, I'm torn between staying at Tropica/Banana Beach area for the beaches or staying at Sunbreeze/Paradise Villas/ Seven Seas for the proximity to town. If it were just me, I'd choose town. Hubby said he'd like to be away from town. But I don't think that San Pedro looks much like Miami Beach, i.e. how 'busy' is town? I know it's impossible to predict what we'll like, but in your opinion, would you opt for staying south and renting a golf cart, or would you stay closer in? Please note that with such a short trip planned, a kitchen is not a big deal, although a frige might be nice. Actually, the biggest deal for us is a pretty place that looks tropical with a lively beach/pool bar! Anything else that I 'must' know - any other info welcomed. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm so excited!

Hallie