Snorkeling: An excellent guide is Alfonse Graniel - he is wonderful with the fish and people and he takes special care with new, cautious snorkelers. You can call him and schedule once you are on island, 226-3537; 614-5450. He will pick you up in his boat at Victoria House's pier. Ask Alfonse about other sites once you've been to Hol Chan. Also, he is very reasonably priced. I highly recommend you bring snorkels and masks with you. I think it is worth the investment to go to a US dive shop and buy masks that fit well; recommend a "dry" snorkel. This will add to the pleasure and be much more comforting than just renting what's available.

Trips: Most boat trips to the mainland are all day, regardless of the destination or activity. I found Alun Ha boring, but I'm not a ruins person; never been to Lamani. Check with Tanisha tours for options - they do some nice wildlife trips, wildlife + ruins, etc. Seaduced is also a good group. Recommend you check out offerings on cave tubing trips, also.

Casa Picasso: Chris politely didn't advertise himself, but do get the "cracked coconut" dessert at their restaurant; excellent smile ! Wine on the island is very expensive.

Happy trip and anniversary...