I just got off the phone with USair, and found out that carrying a collapsable 6 footer will be fine. I went out and bought a two piece 6 footer, and told USair that it would only be 3' long...she said "no problem at all".

As far as tackle goes, I'm bringing a little of everything crammed into a small box. I have read thru countless archived posts, and also gathered info from other websites on what to bring. It seems that most guides have what you'll need, so when chartering a boat, you need not worry.

As far as what I'm packing: An assortment of small spinners such as Mepps & Rooster tails. A small assortment of topwater plugs, poppers & walk-types. An assortment of lead heads and small grubs supposedly will take bones from shore. Add in a few rattletraps, and Rapala-type stick baits, and I think I have the artificials covered. Don't forget some small steel leaders for the Barracuda as they will eat just about anything. I also am bringing some split shots, and small hooks (1/0 & 2/0) for fishing with bait. I've been told that plain old Sardines work very well down there, and can be found at a local bait shop.

To round it all off, I'm bringing a couple spinning reels that will both fit on the 2-piece rod, each with different pound test, one with light test, the other with a bit heavier line. I'm even throwing in an extra spool or two. You'd be amazed how small of a box I fit all this into!! My last suggestion is a good set of needle-nose pliers for the Cudas, and whatever else you might catch but can't safely identify!!

If I can't catch 'em on this assortment, than shame on me!! I'm hiring guides for a couple days as well....

Tight lines.......