Not sure of the conditions of the rooms these days, but Journeys End had a few wheelchair accessible rooms in the lagoon rooms out back. The width of the doors of the entrance anf for the bathroom/shower were wide enough. they had balance bars, etc in the bathrooms for people in wheelchairs. They used to have a group that came very year. These vistors were paraplegics and they came specifically to snorkel and be active. I would contact Steve Bowen who ran the dive shope there at the time and talk to him. There will be plenty of obstacles- Belize is no place for a person with limitations to get around independantly. But on the other hand, Belize people are very friendly and helpful and if they see that someone who needs help really wants to get out and do it, people here will do what they can to help. The weight of the person will be important to note as well. Good luck and I really really hope who ever this is, is able to visit and participate. I assume this is a paraplegic, right? Kayaking? Barton Creek Cave?

Maya Travel Services