Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I thought of another one.... Xanadu had bikes available and we want to explore the island. Can this be done by bicycle? Any hidden secrets only accessible by bike/on foot? Romantic undisturbed beaches with no one for miles?

Thanks!
Sophie

L
L
Yes, ride bikes, but be careful and lock em up. The island is not that big and I have never seen a beach without anyone on it there.

I will be at Xanadu from 5/8 to 5/14. When are you guys there?

S
S
Bikes are our main form of transportation there, aside from our feet. You can take the hand ferry North, get off, ride about a quater of a mile on the road, turn off onto the beach, and ride all the way to Blaya Blanca right at that area about 12"-24" from the water's edge where the sand is hard and flat only having to get off the bike about three times to get around the feet of docks where the sand is a little too fluffy. We would do this most mornings. I'm guessing that it's about three miles each way, but your not "cycling", so its a nice two hour plus or so round trip. On a busy day, you may pass 3 or 4 people on the path...

happy trails

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You can get virtually anywhere by bike, but heed the warning about security. There's not much crime on AC, but most of it seems to involve bicycles.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.