Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Simon, so staying on the island is okay when a hurricane heads that way? Do you have reccomendations since this will be my first year in hurricane season? Thanks.

S
S
When you are told to evacuate...do it!!!

S
S
I didn't say I'd stay on the island, I like an adventure but that's a bit much. I said I wouldn't be leaving the country.

I have several places to go on the mainland and would choose the one that seemed least likely to take a direct hit.

You should have on hand a hurricane survival package just in case you do get stuck on the island. If I recall the papers had lists posted recently. Secondly, have your own evactuation plan and have accomdations arranged on the mainland if you can. Thirdly, if you have pets, have carriers. Saga will not be able to provide you with one and Pampered Paws will likely be sold out within an hour of a warning. FYI, Kathy is placing an order for carriers in the next day or so, if you need one now is the time to call her and get your order in as it will likely be the last order for a few months.

C
C
Oh, I'm going early August...would like to get my hands on this hurricane survival package, do you know where I can get one and if I can get it here in the US before leaving? Thanks!

S
S
Nothing that special...flashlight, candles, matches, water,radio...but if you're staying in a hotel they will manage your evacuation so don't worry about it.

I'd add food, medicine, and first aide kit to that list.

Dare To Deviate
R
Roxanne Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Im lost,, what is Lagniappe Provisioning??

Rox
B
B
.....Im lost,, what is Lagniappe Provisioning?? .....

The Link:
http://www.lagniappe-belize.com/

O
O
Gela,I am leaving the day you arrive...So, I guess lunch at Peters is out this year...

I think,if only i could find a ticket...

Mobunny,I will be right next door at Bananas...

Don't know the dates yet,but I will be there...

Jackie

o jackie, Perfect. Let us know dates when you get it figured out. We are always up for cocktails. 42 days and counting...mobunny cool

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.