Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Close Splecs, what I meant was that you already had your nose out of joint because the guide you originally wanted could not take you. I have to admit, that it did sound a bit odd that the substitute guide showed up to take you snorkelling on a day you expected to go fishing. That said, I'm sure there's more to that story too and as ever, there's at least two sides to every story. smile

I'm curious. Since you guys seem to prefer being further north and appear to be dedicated fishermen, did you look into El Pescador?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
splecs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
no we didn't. originally wanted to be close to town for restraunts/bars. will definitely look at for next time.

thanks!

S
S
The drug scene really has grown is SP in the many years that I've been traveling and living (on & off) there. I had my parents down last December and they were harrassed often by our local salesmen. My folks are in their 70's and probably haven't smoked anything in 20 years, that I know of. Point being, they don't look like college kids trying to score a bag during spring break. I agree with Splecs, it can be very annoying. However, every place I've visited in the Carribean has similar, if not worse, issues. Glad the hotel worked out Splecs. Sunbreeze is a cool place.

L
L
Hey there Vicki: doing well, thank you. I guess it pays to be a middle aged woman at times! No hassles with people hounding us for drugs. Fidos and Tacklebox tend to attract too young and loud of a crowd for me and maybe that has something to do with it as well.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Laurie,
Who's middle aged?????????????????????????? Surely you do not refer to either of us!!!!

S
splecs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I won't belabor the point. If you want to think this kind of thing doesn't exist or only is where "young and loud crowds" are so be it. Denial is more than a river in Egypt. We were approached with a bag of cocaine sitting on a golf cart outside the supermarket! Tiajuana used to be a nice place as well.

If you guys had "a bag of cocaine sitting on a golf cart outside the supermarket", I'm not surprised that you were approached. Maybe you weren't approached to buy so much as to sell. Just joking with ya. wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

D
D
How can you be sure its real cocaine? Maybe it was baking soda. I guess if you knew it was real then you must be "experienced" laugh laugh laugh

D
D
Strange to me. I'm a youngish long haired guy. I've only been asked a couple of times in ten years. I just waved them off and that's it. Once you say no the word goes out leave that one alone. At least that's my experience for what it's worth.

B
B
We have vacationed in Jamaica four times in the last 10 years and were almost always approached about buying the "world's best ganja".
On the last two visits we told all the cannabis brokers that we couldn't buy any because we were drug tested for work back in the states. (ie-we gotta pee in dem cup mon back home)
To a person, they got it-they understood, there was a nod, no problem,
however, then on to... "hey then look at my t-shirts, my beads, my sandals........

For our upcoming trip to SP I am interested to see IF we even get approached, and after a polite no thanks, we will move on to "how about a fishing guide, a snorkle trip, a time share, an aerial tour of the NEW BRIDGE laugh

27 more sleeps wink

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.