Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Daemyon Offline OP
OP Offline
The thought occurred to me as I read the plethera of posts, ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous...does the Town Board have enough of its' equipment up and running to actually do any good? If I remember correctly, a lot of it didn't work BEFORE the strom hit...was it in that same state when the storm hit? How much damage did the winds/water do to the functioning machinery?

what equipment are you referring to?

Daemyon Offline OP
OP Offline
Any and all! Grader, backhoe, dredger, loader, dumtrucks; anything that will clear, dig, scoop or move large quantities of refuse!!!

Hell...I was thinkin' typewriters, computers, adding machines, copiers, etc.

Glad you clarified outside work vs. indoor work....LOL

Oh yea...and don't forget that little swivel fan that suppliments the A/C [Linked Image]

Daemyon Offline OP
OP Offline
And the answer is???

C
C
Emile,
Are you just curious, bored or are you considering a career in the road building business? From what I saw, the graders, backhoe, etc. were operational and working when i left. Even the little silver pickup truck of "Jimbo's" was hard at work.

Relax, you are in no danger of having to donate your Tonka Toys to the relief effort!

Sorry Daemyon....yes...they have sent in additional heavy equipment. We are actually well stocked. 2 brand new dump trucks, a few tractors that are helping pull phone and power poles around....(a little tricky turning corners I might add....lol)...and a couple front end loaders, if that is the correct name?

Anyway....I think they have it covered pretty good. The clean up in the San Pedrito area is moving much faster due to the extra equipment...thank God.

Thanks for asking though.

Daemyon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tammy, I do have a vested interest, as you well know...
Hmmm, I could have sworn I posted a response to THAT one by Celeste...must have gotten lost in the hurricane!

What are they doing with the debri?
Burning?
Dumping in the dumpsite?
Hauling away from the Island by barge?
What?

Dare To Deviate
Being hauled to the landfill at the southend of the island and burned or buried.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.