Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
My wife pushed me to do a timeshare presentation while we there in Nov at the Aquamarina. Not high pressure at all and my wife con-ed them into giving us $200BZ in restaurant vouchers. Of course they are there to sell and we were there for what we could get out of the deal. Thats to be expected. The Aquamarina sales lady was very nice. My only other timeshare experience here in the US was very high pressure and unpleasant so I was very surprised at this one.

C
C
No shoes, No shirt, No timeshare salesmen....no problem

H
H
Time shares are for some, but not for all. Just make sure you ask about yearly costs and taxes. We love ours

S
S
Is one only allowed to have an opinion if it agrees with your own?

let there be peace on earth...lets all get together for a living the dream hug... it is a great time of the year to count our blessing..and if you can aford to come to sanpedro for a stay or live there you are truly blessed..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Thanks Simon....this is what I was thinking. "Why yes, you may have your own opinion, as long as it matches mine in every way. If not, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

Originally posted by captjeff:
let there be peace on earth...lets all get together for a living the dream hug... it is a great time of the year to count our blessing..and if you can aford to come to sanpedro for a stay or live there you are truly blessed..
Best post in this topic yet.

One thing that I learned to love about AC, and hating coming home to is the constant bitching here in the States.

Too often people focus on the negative things in life & bad experiences, and hang onto them rather than just move on and appreciate what they have.

We are all blessed. I feel sorry for those who do not realize it.

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
amen to jeff.

6 more sleeps until I feel really blessed again!!! laugh laugh laugh

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Honesty is the best policy, and if Stuart had been honest with us and answered our questions about the $25 lunch voucher at BB, if we had to attend a presentation to validate the voucher he told us absoluletely not.

When we asked him what the catch was with the "free holiday" he told us that all we had to do was go to the presentation for an hour, look at both resorts, and we would be given vouchers to book at any of the properties to stay there anytime from Jan 1 2006 to Jan 1 2007. Nothing else would be required from us whatsoever.

We called BB to set up an appointment only to find that we DID have to listen to the presentation for the lunch voucher as well as for the "free holiday." We were also told that there would then be booking fees that amounted to about $110 per person in order to get the holiday voucher. So we decided that it was not being presented to us honestly by Stuart and decided to bag it.

And shortly after that we headed down the beach and who should come over in his golf cart all happy to see us but Stuart. He was obviously very embarrassed when he asked if we'd made our appointment to view the properties and we told him what we'd been told on the phone, that differed from what he'd told us. He wanted to know who we'd spoken to, etc., etc., and then zoomed right off to sort it out or something. But it did seem like maybe they weren't supposed to tell us about the booking fees until AFTER the presentation, once they'd got you there.

Unfortunately too many timeshare sales people have done a lousy and dishonest job that it's very easy to assume they're all doing the same thing. Whether or not that was happening in this case I don't know. Stuart did tell us for every "first prize winner" that went to the presentation he got $100 and that there were only five winning tickets in the draw which seems a little hard to believe. Oh well, each to their own - it didn't seem to meet our comfort level of doign business, and it also didn't appear to tap into his level of decency and honesty. Enough said.

Cheers!
Moon
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (flecktones), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.