Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sun & Sand - are you telling the truth when you say"My hubby and I have purchased a condo at Reef village"-me thinks you may have a bigger interest than you are saying-ps they pump sewage into a truck and as we all know trucks cannot get to the lagoon on the north side.

Pedro1, I understand that trucks can't cross the cut via road. But they can get to the dock in front, on a barge, and the trucks can go onto the barge, and get to the other side. Yes, we did buy a condo. We love San Pedro, and hope to eventually move there. Why on earth would be promote something that would harm the island? You still haven't answered my question. What system is better? We would be interested in learning more, for future reference, perhaps when we build our home there. And, how do others with septic systems handle the sludge? We currently have a septic system for our home and are fully aware of what it takes to keep them healthy.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
all resorts(north) use leech lines and a series of sceptic tanks -the trucks will not be able to get off the barges-I have a feeling no-one has really thought out this problem as Reef village will not be able to use leech lines due to being on swampy land and also due to the density of the buildings-there is a better system but it is expensive and most people seem to shy away from this because of cost-I am currently being quoted for this system and it works out to be at least 5000usd per condo

Hmmm...leach lines are not required with this system. It can be done via surface spray, subsurface drip emitter and/or conventional drain field. This system is designated to be a class 1 wastewater treatment system. The average effluent pH of 7.87 exceeds the EPA secondary treatment guidelines. The organic matter is attacked by enzymes that dissolve the solids to make the organic matter consumable for millions of aerobic microorganisms which ultimately convert the wastewater to clear, odorless liquid, and this waste water can be used to water the lawn/garden of the project. This is probably too much information, but we have researched this system, and I am comfortable with the results. I'm still waiting for you to tell me of a better system.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Pedro1, the leech lines are only for the liquids. Where do the others take the sludge? Eventually, the tanks will have to be pumped out. What is pumped out are the solids/sludge. This matter has to be disposed of in a safe manner. The leech lines don't have anything to do with this part.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
If I may but in? When I live in the country near The trick to never calling the honey dippers was size of the septic tank. After time all is liquid and the tank maintains an even half full. But watch what gets flushed. NO CIGARETTES is a big one.

By the way the whole 9 years I lived there never had a problem

LOL...I agree Deacon. My thoughts are if it didn't exit your body, it shouldn't be flushed. Not very pretty to think about, but very important.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Where we live, we are required to have our tanks pumped out every 5 years, regardless of how much or what goes into them. We live in a wetland area, very close to the Rappahannock river, which flows into the Chesapeake Bay. The poor Bay has been having such a struggle to support it's life and creatures, that it's up to each of us to help it in any way. Too much of everything in the surrounding areas have threatened it. We love the Bay, boat on and around it, and feel very responsible to help it all we can.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
G
G
Believe construction to be started right in from of Reef Village next week.

That should EVENTUALLY make that dock in front not accessible.

Also when have politicians ever looked after anything but their economic best interests....especially in Belize....sometimes the environment be damned.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.