Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
The new barge landing on the west side is a reality and is undergoing improvements to make it acceptable to all the barge operators. When that is completed the barges will move...by order of the Port of Belize.

I
OP Offline
I
Jesse, your responce was very helpful, thank you. I was looking for an answer if someone knew anything beyond the rumor and appreciate it.

I did hear the same thing, reality and ordered by Port of Belize.

S
S
Ashcroft Comes Through for Luke; Belize Dodges Bullet

Belize dodged another of those famous bullets today, as commercial financiers reportedly met a US$9 million payment to the International Bank of Miami on behalf of the Port of Belize Limited.
As with all high finance government matters, information is hard to come by, but we are reliably informed that the owner of the Port Luke Espat was unable to make the payment, and financing came from one of Michael Ashcroft's companies. For some time, Ashcroft has been keeping Espat's port current with its debt commitments, in exchange for increasing equity in the port and, as we understand it, that equity holding may now be at the tipping point; that is that Ashcroft's interests may now be controlling interests.

Whatever the case, it's a relief for the government of Belize, because if the payment had not been made, government, as guarantor would have been responsible, and it could have amounted to a sovereign default, but did not.

inthemarket / We were at the Belize Yacht Club a couple of weeks ago. Unit 18a&b is for sale. It has been empty for a long time due to the owners death about 5 years ago. It needs lots of "elbow grease" but if you made a reasonable offer and are willing to do the work or hire someone, it could be purchased for well below market value. Make sure you review the rental agreements and management arrangements at each of the properties VERY carefully. Some are not as attractive as others. Do your homework and talk to other owners.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
The stamp duty looks like it is going to go up by 10%. That will result in a huge increase at the closing of sale. Big Bummer for buyers! I hope all that extra revenue goes towards helping the people of Belize. Things should be clearer next week regarding the tax increase.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
S
S
It's going up by 5%

I
OP Offline
I
Pam&Dave,

I'd like to thank you for all of your help, you have been very informative. Keep it coming as you hear or know of things. I am open to any between the listed area and not just the ones I listed.

I knew 14 A and B were for sale but did not know 18 was. I do not see it listed anywhere, is it for sale by owner and do you have contact info?

I
OP Offline
I
wait, stamp duty going up again? I just closed on something there recently and it just went up. When is it going up again?

S
S
Only one raise...

I
OP Offline
I
thanks, so the raise is already in effect.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.