Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#133638 01/08/01 11:56 PM
We do have a vet on the island now....thank God. Working very hard to see that all the strays are spayed and neutered......and usually at her own expense I might add.

She is a God-send! Can't say enough nice things about her.

No Marilyn.....i don't mind you mentioning me or my cats....LOL
I have 4 adorable kittens left that I desparately need homes for.
Each one is different....2 females and 2 males.
I have a siamese male and the other male looks part siamese....doesnt have the dark markings on his face....but has like seal point ears and white/tan with blue eyes. Both males have blue eyes. Beautiful!

The females....One gray tiger stripe...very sweet....nice personality...very silky fur.
The other one is a calico...or tortoise shell with gold eyes.

I have no idea how they all came out so different....LOL

They were born Aug. 26th....so they are a little over 4 months old.

I still have the 2 adult cats....so these kittens along with them keep me pretty busy.

Just call me the cat lady.....LOL

You can reach me at #4223...or through Bron.

Thanks! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 01-08-2001).]

#133639 01/09/01 12:48 AM
S
S
Valerie, we'll be on AC from February 26th to March 7th, and as dedicated pet lovers, would be pleased to pay the $15.00 cover charge for a Belliken and talk about how we can help in the cause!

#133640 01/09/01 01:10 AM
Jerrico (Valerie), I won't tell....

#133641 01/09/01 10:02 AM
J
J
Sryukon....We arrive on the same day! Give us the afternoon to get in supplies and then stroll on over.

Wendy...thank you...mum's the word.

I have been in contact with Bronwen and we are already coordinating efforts to make this a reality. I have suggested to her that it really doesn't matter how many animals she is capable of operating on if she doesn't have the supplies. Of course, I went about trying to get those to her completely backwards, contacting Vet Supply Houses here in the States. I am sure the necessary supplies can be purchased in Belize if she has the necessary funds. Maybe we can coordinate it so we could pick them up in Belize and then fly them over with us.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Valerie

#133642 01/09/01 02:51 PM
M
M
Hey, Sandshaker! Is it true there's only 1 siamese cat on the island? It must be a boy-cat if so, and he sure is keeping busy by the sounds of all those beautiful kittens you have! Although my little Felix was black and white, he had these huge ears and massive paws, and a kink in the end of his tail, which are all siamese traits so I'm told! I guess that siamese daddyo is just upholding that caribbean tradition - a girl in every port!!
So, Jericco, sounds like there's going to be one big party at Brianna's - wish I could be there. If enough people put in their $15, that could soon mount up! Let's do all we can to help Bron help the strays - and try to keep this post going so it's right at the top of the board!
I'm going to donate and drink from this end!

#133643 01/09/01 03:24 PM
J
J
Good deal, Mazza....I promise you will be receiving a Belikin thru the mail upon my return to the States! And that's a promise.

Valerie

of course, you have to send me your addy...lol

#133644 01/09/01 03:39 PM
How do you determine that an animal is homeless? The tabby that Susangg talks about was there in Oct. '98 when we had the unit facing the ocean (2a I think) and again in Jan. '2000 when we were back by the gardens (8a). It had a regular routine and visited our unit at the same time each day. Was always on our door mat at sunrise on the beachfront unit. I think a lot of people were feeding it.

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#133645 01/09/01 03:51 PM
M
M
You can contact Mike Deshield at [email protected] and no matter what people tell you, there are no vets on San Pedro who are licensed to practice in Belize.

Contact Mike about supplies, etc and he may have a supplier who can express mail to your home.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
#133646 01/09/01 05:31 PM
J
J
now I'm confused. I have a note from Bronwell and she certainly has a lot of letters after her name!

#133647 01/09/01 08:42 PM
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Scubalady: Re the Paradise Villas mamacat: We've owned #14 for nine years and though we are only there once or twice a year, I have always noted what cats show up and this is the first year we've seen this little mamacat around. We did not see her last year or the year before, etc. (You may be thinking of Roberto Smith's tabby cat, perhaps, who hangs out at the villas sometimes, or the tabby cat that belongs to Trish (who moved to Royal Palm).
Carlos and Eric told me that this cat does not belong to anybody. She seemed in good health and undoubtedly was being fed by various guests She will eat OK because the staff (as well as sporadic guests) are feeding her and I am providing cat food....but I don't consider this a real reliable life style for a kitty and nobody (obviously) took responsibility for getting her FIXED! I would like to see her with a REAL home and the kittens too, and I would like to see them all fixed.
I did respond to the email for SAGA on their web page and sent a membership donation. Hopefully someone will adopt these beautiful cats....

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (OLDBAY), 140 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.