Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#137747 08/17/01 04:37 PM
Venting is good for ya sometimes, Marty! We understand and still appreciate you. Here's a message from an ADMITTEDLY uninformed person.... HA! :-) Gotta keep your sense of humor to deal with us all!

BTW, I'm uninformed about the nuts and bolts of message boards, too... But, I like the idea of moving diving topics to another area. Would it be possible to create a whole seperate menu item like "Diving on AC" or something like that to separate it from other areas of the board? Since there has been so much discussion on the topic of diving, maybe it would be a good thing to facilitate healthy, informative, non-driving-Marty-nuts discussions... just an idea!

#137748 08/17/01 05:46 PM
i really don't think we need another thread. Geez, sometimes ya'll amaze me!!! And to think, we ALL came from the SAME SOURCE, go figure.......have a great weekend everyone....and lighten up....sometimes things happen for NO reason.....C PS....Let's keep an eye on the weather!! Marty, i for one will definitly be praying you won't be staying up for days and days, due to it.

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 08-17-2001).]

#137749 08/17/01 08:50 PM
F
F
There are people that do want to talk about it, in more then one other thread, and perhaps in it's own group. I am one of those people. When there is no one left that want's to talk abou it, the subject will die.

I would like to sometimes discuss diving safety without it being automaticly assumed that to do so in an attack on AC.

The subject has been moved to a "back page" so to speak. I think that a good compromise and I see no harm in it being discussed here.

Has anyone read my thread about the e-mail I got from PADI? Does anyone have anything to say regarding it?

[This message has been edited by Florian (edited 08-17-2001).]

#137750 08/17/01 09:38 PM
maybe they just want to take a rest already????

#137751 08/17/01 09:59 PM
F
F
Well, since it's just us two then, what do you think of what has been learned on debth reccomendations?

#137752 08/17/01 10:24 PM
M
M
bywarren, below is part of your message which I 'copied and pasted' and that I truly appreciated:

"...I see nothing inappropriate in discussion being generated from the current unfortunate accident as long as no ones actions or judgements who were involved in the accident be questioned in this forum. I am sure that will be done elsewhere as it should be..."

I, for one, have never questioned the actions or judgements of those involved. All I've ever asked is for ANY answer to my questions regarding the tragedy of Dr. Delgado and the Cambrian Foundation's attempts at retrieving his body. Please, if ANYONE can give me an up-date it will be sincerely appreciated. I've tried the Cambrian Foundation's website, but nothing has been posted there either.

I've even put my email address at the bottom of each question I've asked, in the event someone or anyone doesn't want to post their response on the message boards.

Thanks again, bywarren...

~~Maggie - [email protected]

#137753 08/18/01 01:54 AM
Florian, I'm with ya buddy. Let's talk diving! [Linked Image]

I did read your post on the note you got from PADI. I thought that the depths was something that had come up before in the deleted thread. Maybe it just was never said, only alluded to.

In any event, those are the depth guidelines that I was talking about earlier. OW divers have a guideline of 60'. New OW divers most certainly should not be exceeding that depth. Should you need to make an emergency surface ascent, 60'is about the limit.

Obviously, a dive below 60'can potentially put a new diver at risk. They do not have experience with narcosis and they haven't yet dived enough to handle themselves in crisis, that is why there are depth guidelines.

The guidelines are in place for a reason. Do not dive beyond the parameters of your training and experience.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#137754 08/18/01 08:20 AM
F
F
Yeah, I had brought it up before, since I was almost certain that Open Water Divers were being limited to 65' the last time I was in the Keys. But I didn't want to say for sure until I could find out exactly. I was five feet off as it was. It was 60'.

#137755 08/18/01 08:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'd like to stick around and talk diving with you guys but I'm off to Oregon for a couple of weeks. I seemed to miss Martys rant, sure would like to know what it was before we leave. Was it about the ostrich syndrome comment?

#137756 08/18/01 11:25 AM
No Idaho, it was not about the ostrich thing.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.