Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I used the phrase Tiki huts because that's the way the Basil Jones people describe them. Elsewhere in Belize they would just be thatch cabanas.

Graniels is/was doing the construction, so I'm sure it is fine for what it is, but I stand by my previous statement. I do not believe they are the kind of construction that would stand up to a hurricane. And I can tell you one thing, if I knew a hurricane were heading to San Pedro, I would NOT want to stick it out in ground-level one-story cabana that close to the water! If there have been engineering studies done that show otherwise, I will be glad to hear about them.

I'm surprised that Basil Jones can get hurricane insurance. There is, after all, a reason why Belizeans traditionally have built raised homes and why modern hurricane-resistant construction calls for reinforced concrete and other construction details which give protection against hurricanes.

You can look in Placencia at which buildings stood up to Iris -- a few of the old colonial houses and, even more so, well-built modern structures such as Inn at Robert's Grove.

Sandshaker, 80 feet sounds about right, which I consider pretty close to the water, given that the Belize government owns 60 feet above the high-tide mark.

At any rate, to me construction isn't so much the issue as the fact that people actually bought these sight-unseen.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
Hi John,
I am an owner and there are quite a few of us. there is an owners board on yahoo.

ooops I just went there to pick up the URL for you and noticed you've found it.

Are you a TUG member?

J
J
TUG???? what is it? no i am not...

S
S
John,

TUG is Timeshare Users Group. Lots of good information.Volunteer group on the net.
I can't get my machine to copy the URL just now but a search will get it for you.

sweetbird

A
A
I've kept this in my e-mail archives. Thought it would interest you..........
Re: Basil Jones Resort
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:26:20 -0400
"Gary Carlson" <[email protected]>
To:
<[email protected]>
References:
Good Morning,
I assume you got my email address from ebay or from the B.B.. I too saw the same letter sometime ago, and I was a bit confused with its content. I purchased my timeshare unit(s) back in October of 99. At the same time, I also purchased 2 other unit weeks for my friends, for a total of 3. I have spoken with the developer, Adam, many times with great results. He is quite nice.
In march of this year, I went to Ambergris Caye, met Tammy in the resort office, who was nice enough to arrange boat transportation for us out to the area. The land had just been cleared a week prior to us being there. I took many pictures while there, and even shot some video. Since then, many changes have taken place. I emailed some of my pictures to Adam, and told him to feel free to use any or all of them. I have noticed them in some of his ads, and even on his web pages, that he is still using them. Smile!
Had rokyhilz done their homework before going to A.C. they would have
realized that the only way to the resort is by boat, right now! Yes when I was in the office, out back were 5 or 6 computers for "hire" to connect to the Internet. Some vacationers like to check email while away. I did.
Actually, I emailed my wife upon arrival, as she stayed at home and let me go and check things out. Many islanders have the need to "connect" but don't have the resources.

I too, found that none of the "locals" back in March had any idea about this resort, and most of the locals have no idea on what a timeshare is?? I met a young man while on the island. I happened to be staying at the Banana Beach Resort, but took a short walk over to the Royal Palm Resort. Another RCI resort on A.C. After chatting with the young man about my purchase, he informed me that he knew Adam. He name was Steve Drummond, President of destiny resorts, The Royal Palm. He gave me glowing reports both about Adam, the Resort, and RCI.

I hope that I have answered some of your questions. I must tell you, I am just getting out of work, as I work the 12- 8 shift, and I am a tad bit
tired. I must close the letter now, but I DO look forward to hearing from
you soon. I will include a few links for you. but you probably already have them Let me know what you think.

Gary Carlson
units 1,2 3 all week 7
and
1 week floating all on the Basil Jones Resort.

Tammy's email address, She is very helpful and hard working.
[email protected]

Resort pix http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4294258449

Adam's email address [email protected]

Resort Web Page http://www.glentree.com/

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 11:44 PM
Subject: Basil Jones Resort

> Are you an owner at this resort. We bought 2 weeks about a year ago, and read some of the feedback e-mail on
www.zing.com/album/review.html?id=4294258449
I was somewhat concerned about the letter written below. Have you had any updates on the Resort. The Basil Jones Resort web site www.glentree.com/introduction.htm
says "Newly Revised Plans!" Do you know what's happening with the
construction?
> We'd appreciate any info that you have.
> Thank you
> Anita & Michael
>
> rokyhilz ([email protected]) Wed Jul 19 2000, 08:34am PT
Hello! we are one of the proud preconstruction owners for a week each year at the resort. We recently came back from belize, and loved it. We traveled as far north by golf cart, and ran into a dead end. We traveled far north by boat, well past Journey's End, andstill no sign as to where the resort is going in. We were there in June, so should have seen the dock in progress....Could anyone give me an idea where it is exactly on the map? Also, to hear others(locals and recently moved in, have not heard of the resort, and have had pretty funny
responses as to what Basil Jones is exactly. One local that had a
business right by the office(where Tammy works .....Hello Tammy!!)
said that Basil Jones was a Internet company! LOL!! [Linked Image] others
said, there was no way on earth that the resort has a chance of
being built in 1/2 a year, or even 2 years for that matter. Adam, what
are your responses to that?
Anyway, we have full trust and hopes that everything is going along well for your builders. Things do seem like they take FOREVER to build there considering the equipment available, but if there's a will, there's a way, right??

A
A
Also received this e-mail today:
Subject:
Basil Jones Resort
Date:
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:23:17 -0600
Belize Information <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]
Greetings from Belize, "Mother Nature's Best Kept Secret"

Ambergris Caye was not affected by the hurricane. Basil Jones Resort is still under constructions and has not open for
business as yet. If you need additional information, kindly contact us. Thanks for choosing Belize.

Sincerely,

Colleen Gillett
Information Officer

A
A
There is an update on the Basil Jones Resort on: http://www.glentree.com/progress.htm
It says that a new corporation has taken over the project.
What do you think?

A
A
sounds like "buffalo"in manzanillo,mx.
great scam artist

B
bke Offline
B
Hello All,
I just found out BJ is not open. I've been emailing Gary Carlson for 2 weeks now with no response. I have already purchased airline tickets (over $2100) for my family and we're supposed to leave in 2 1/2 weeks. What do we do??? Please email me directly at [email protected] if you have any info for me. Thank you.

A
A
On the bottom of this page are several links to sites about Ambergris Caye. I clicked on the Belize Business Directory & e-mailed everyone from newspapers, politicians, construction companies, travel agencies,etc, with the situation about Basil Jones Resort. Hoping someone with some current info about what's going on there will e-mail back or at least investigate what's going on. I figure the more people who know what's going on there the better. Let's get an e-mail campaign going & see if ANYONE there can or will help us!
AmbergrisCaye.com Island San Pedro Town HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
If anyone would like to e-mail me directly I would be happy to be active in helping to resolve this issue any way I can: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by ati2d (edited 11-04-2001).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.