Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14721 05/16/02 05:50 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I just wanted to share that there will be a Dive Resort on Long Caye in the near future. www.longcayeislandresort.com
And the nice long boat dock is finished as well. This is exciting news for us since we own land there and where not sure how long it would take the island to develop. Things are coming along actually much faster than we first thought.

T
T
I have snorkeled a bit in that area, and found it to be some of the best in the world, both in terms of variety and number of fish and coral. In my opinoin, it was due to the isolation, lack of boat traffic and fishing. I really hope that can be preserved.

M
OP Offline
M
The developers have worked out very strict
Environmental Guidelines and even resorts will need to follow them. I think Long Caye has a good chance to turn into a Eco destination where nature and humans live in peace and this was one of the reason why we purchased land there.

W
W
We are very interested in Long Caye and saw that a few others have all ready purchased land at this location. Have you been there already? When I saw the actual photos of the Caye, it was not what I expected in the way crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches.
Despite that my husband and I are very interested. Do you have any insights you would like to share? How do you get there? I didn't notice an airstrip, Is travel limited to boat? Would it take about 4 hours from Belize City? Did you but a lot on the east or west side of the Caye? I noticed that the west side was cheaper, do you know why? We are not going to relocate for at least 10 years but feel buying a lot now would be a good idea. Did the developer give you an idea of how long it is going to take LC to have a market and small community? So many questions. Thanks in advance.

H
H
If interested in purchasing property on Long Caye my advice is ----LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!

KC Offline
Halonna,
Didn't you have a deposit on a lot on Long Caye?

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
T
T
I'm sorry,I'm totally confused. Isn't Long Cay in a national park/protected area? Near the Blue Hole and all? Is there development allowed in such areas? I thought not. Or maybe my geography is off.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.