Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#153589 06/30/03 11:30 AM
B
B
Sweet Jane, what Beachy said... if you surf much, download AdAware from download.com (or one of the many other DL sites) & see what spyware is running on your puter (then remove it!). I had trouble w/ files that would download themselves & run in the background, bogging down my cpu, eating up file space, etc etc. Just another annoyance with the www ... just to do a bit of surfing & email these days, most people need a firewall, plus antivirus, popup blocker, & spyware apps.

PS don't writeoff my CDs just yet, formats tend to die a slow death wink I'm liking the $0.22 / CDR deal I get laugh ... I talked to someone else that swears by optical disks (Sony proprietary). He can edit and everything w/ his little player. Me I like having more than one choice; different strokes.

& for the record (& if anyone cares), I almost always trade live shows. The occasional illegal copy eek of a commercial release that I get, I offset by buying CDs directly from artists at their gigs. Cash from these almost always goes entirely to the band, for gas / rent / food while they're on the road. Way better than their regular CD royalty rate...

The whole music DL / royalties / technology issues are quite the hornet's nest ...

#153590 06/30/03 11:55 AM
John Belushi (R.I.P.) sing:

UHBUZZ BUZZ, UHBUZZ BUZZ

p.s. I dl'ed a blues brothers song for a Casa Picasso mix, but then, you can't GET the cd anymore...
so where's the morality there?

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
#153591 06/30/03 12:02 PM
B
B
I dl'ed a blues brothers song for a Casa Picasso mix, but then, you can't GET the cd anymore...
so where's the morality there?
That's OK by me laugh I've made copies of out of print stuff w/ no moral uneasiness; after all if the eedjit record co. execs can't bother releasing the back catalog, it's their loss.

Much of the problem lies in that many smaller labels were bought up in the consolidation to the few large co's we now have; those old contracts are lost in the mire of a much larger media empire, so they just go on marketing Britney, or Advil Latrine, or whoever ... :rolleyes:

Buzz buzz indeed :p

#153592 06/30/03 12:33 PM
CND Offline
not that I'm condoning
:rolleyes:
"The whole music DL / royalties / technology issues are quite the hornet's nest ..."

FYI Kazaa will not work without its "spyware"
Kazaa lite doesn't have any wink

#153593 06/30/03 03:07 PM
CMD:good to know, I liked kazaa's interface, but then I am fairly happy with limewire, too.

One note on living in San Pedro, I am relatively unscathed by top40 blather, as I rarely listen to the radio now. PS there's a new station in town, I noticed a story in the paper this week.

Beachy goes back to reading his book....

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.