Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
JMS Hope you get to come down in the next year. I find everyone friendly and open. If my husband did not want to go I would certainly go alone or with a girl friend. It is a VERY relaxing place even for us high strung folks. Although there are things to do I don't seem to want to fill up my days while I am there. I met one fellow who had vacationed on AC every year for 15yrs. He said he was always going to go to the main land but just never does. I am a total slug while there. From all you have on your plate sounds like you could use a rest too. smile

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
JMS----Your problem is solved....Take your "friend" to AC & Buy him a DAMN SHIRT>>>>>>
You get a vacation, he gets a shirt & you live happily ever after!!!QQQQ> JMOP

John
LMAO @ johnboy. ha ha ha haha! really, let him get his own darn shirt, and dont lend it out anymore!

seriously, my husband didnt want to go, so i went alone last week. luckily i had friends there, but it is easy to make new ones. just smile & start talking to someone.

JMS Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually I'm looking forward to going alone then I don't have to wait on or rely on someone else, and I never have problems meeting people or making friends. Sounds like the right place for me!

I was inquiring more about places to go that you who are familiar with Belize/Ambergris Caye would recommend. Of course I will do my own research, but it's nice to get recommendations from others too.

Jane, my hubby doesn't like SP either! He hates fun! Fortunately he does like Cayo or he'd be EX-Mr. Barb's Belize.

JMS....don't believe in "Satan" myself!! But have seen the CROC up close and personal!!! HIM I believe in!!! And in agreement about "friends"....no shirt would/could or will come between mine!!! They wouldn't even be upset with me!!! Material things are of no importance....any "memories he/she has will always be in their laugh head or hearts.....C

oops...yes, use this board and the "site" for answers...when you narrow it down..AC or just inside Belize, then ask specific questions...we will all be more than happy to help!!! WHERE do you want to spend most of your time?? On an island, in the jungle??? What is your budget?? How much time do you have to spend??? What are your favorite things to do?? Water, land, hiking, biking, diving, repelling, cave tubing??? PLAN your priorities and we'll be able to help much better!!! BUt USE THIS SITE/BOARD to find MOST of your answers, as we all have "different" likes!! You will be "touched" no matter where, what, who you decide to do it with!!! C ( just returned from our 12th trip)!!

JMS Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey RickCheri, I'm glad we're on the same page. Not many others seem to see my perspective here. The advice that I've been given is to "fergit 'bout it, it's just a freaking shirt". The thing is this - he bought it while he was there in Belize and from what I have heard, everyone LOVES going there. So naturally I'm thinking this is a special shirt to him and I f*&#@% up by losing it. I said I wouldn't mention it again, but since you brought it up I feel I should respond. Looks like a vacation for me unless one good soul comes through for me. Regardless, I have to visit now that I've gotten to know some of you. Plus, God knows I need a vacation!!!

JMS Offline OP
OP Offline
I like lounging around in the sun during the day sipping cocktails, for a day or two anyway. Then I'd like to do some sight seeing and shopping - the usual tourist stuff. Then I'd like to get down to what the real deal is. I don't want to be seen as a tourist. I live in a tourist town, and to be honest, we locals sometimes don't appreciate their careless use of our beautiful area. That is why I'd like to know what non-tourists do. Here we have "locals" hangouts. Those are the places I'd like to visit. Of course, I'd like to try some of the other stuff too, and suck up as much as possible.

JMS...don't get me wrong.....forget the shirt....his/her memories will always be there!!! Do your "searches" before you go!! Belize has many wonderful gifts that CANNOt be seen in one trip....unless ya have a LONG time!! Rick and I NEVER do the "tourist" thing when traveling!! Email us after you've done some research and we'l hook you up!!! Many Blessings to you!! And my advice---STOP LOOKING for that shirt and it might just show up!!! C wink :p

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.