Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Keep up the good work, Lan.

You are posting in the appropriate place, saying information you have personally collected and allowing us a mix of places from which to choose.

We relied heavily on your books, for our travels and enjoyed a personal view. Not everyone thinks the same, thank goodness.

Who cares how he promotes his book, it's not without dignity. Is it just his turn to be bashed? NO, I think we just needed something to change the subject, good idea. He can take it.

Happy days..... smile

M
M
Just so NYGal

..by the way, where in NY are you from? I lived in NYC over ten years, but am back to my home state of Ohio to complete my education. Thankfully, there lots and lots of opportunities throughout the year to be there, my son still lives there and many other family members. I miss it. It, and Belize are my two favorite destinations.

I see where Lan spends alot of time answering peoples questions. On the other hand, he often promotes his book.

Bottom line, it is Marty's ball and ball game. He can let play who he wants. Those who don't like it can go play somwhere else. laugh

I agree it is Marty's and he sets the rules which are not always followed,and i know that he does not read every message on the board esp. in his present situation.My point is that the board generally works by self regulation,and if every advertiser advertises his wares every day a boring board we will have.Remember Marty only makes money out of the advertisers not off the boards

I am near Rochester and Lake Ontario. Thank Goodness !! smile

M
M
Seems to me that many of you are requesting exacting information and I'm not quite sure why you resent a travel professional responding to your queries.

My profile does not hide the fact that I work in tourism and many visitors to this board have benefited greatly from some of the first hand information I've been able to provide.

You should, however, raise a rucus if I respond to questions on webmd.com, for instance. That's clearly out of my domain of expertise.

Paz.

Maya Travel Services
I do not consider this post by Lan as advertising he is following time tested online marketing priciples by providing FREE informative unbiased information on a specific area which is of interest to many readers, myself included. I have yet to go to Hopkins but am interested in following its expansion.

Unbiased meaning he has mentioned everyone and if he has missed anyone I am sure a quick e-mail to Lan will do the trick.

For example I found Lans post to be most interesting as he saved me a lot of time becauase I needed all the hotels contact information in that area and I found it for free and it is valuable because it saved me my time.

There is a fine line between Blatant advertising and marketing by providing free information which is of use and normally you would pay for.

In this case an author provides a FREE informative Chapter of his book for people to read and hopefully they will like his wares and purchase his book (Even Stephen King used this Marketing method by providing the first chapter free) its totally different than just getting on and saying buy my books

Just because Lan may get a free room here and there, I have only seen him to be accurate and informatrive in his posting although on occasisons his favorite places to stay get extra praise but that ok too when you like somthing and get excited about it you want to tell others.

Everyone that has a business here in belize and posts here is advertising to some extent people know Pedro has an internet Cafe People know I have a dive shop and so on by giving information freely people will automatically frequent your business because you give freely, the money will follow.

Knowing where you cross the line is the key in this case lan is on the right side of the line in my humble opinion of course :-)

regards

Gaz

Gaz...you should consider politics...Hope to see ya there...Do you still DM? I'd like to dive with you if possible.
Mark

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Hey Mark,
Me too!!!
We have been so long to meet him!!!
Been to his place, its great!!!
Maybe this time..
What do you think Gaz?
Rick

Hey Guys

Don't dive as much as I used to, got lots going on if I want to dive these days I have to wait to go on vacation :-)

No I do get out but not as much as I would like to but I am sure we will get to meet eventually R & C, just our timing is usually off, your coming and I'm going.

Look forward to meeting you

regards

Gaz

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.