Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Big E, you never had an HO in ur life! oh wait I mean humble opinion -- can't speak aobut the HO's hahahahaha noicedamnit

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
laughter is the best medicine . . . even if u r not sick! (mostly here though everyone is sick at some point!)
k - leave E and his hos alone - don't need anymore true confessions on this board for awhile - else we'll need ice all around fer sure wink

Maybe you should check with other holiday makers comments before heeding this advice

http://fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=belize@26&cur_section=din&property_id=180273

But then again most of them can spell too, so what would they know??

*edited to offer balance*

RENDEZVOUS RESTAURANT & WINERY presents
The San Pedro International Jazzfest, December 17th & 18th 2005
Featuring: Chris McNulty, Paul Bollenback and many more!
Sorry, Starry . . . but how is it that the guys posting at Fodor's are any more qualified than anyone else who has eaten at Rendevous, including Ernie?

I'll also mention that while the Fodor's posters seemed to like your pad thai, there was either no mention of your wine, or not such a glowing review of same.

Just my recommendation . . .but if you are going to be quoting web items/sites/postings to hype Rendevous, you might want to be a bit more particular.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hehehe. Paid a small fortune for a bottle of red there one March night (along with an additional fortune for dinner for six) and, when we asked the vintage, we were told "November". Tasted like it, too.

Haven't been back; don't plan to go back. You can buy better wine and food at many establishments on AC much more affordably.

* I Go Pogo *
But the Jazzfest sounds fun.

* I Go Pogo *
Rendezvous -

Suggest dinner and ordering the following;

Starters:
Thai combo
Pate

Main course - Chicken curry (better than good - it's fantastic). A coconut curry - heat level done per your request.

Desserts - all good, but if you eat all of your chicken curry you will be too full for sweets afterwards.

Prices - more or less similar to other fine dining places like Mata Chica, Casa Picasso, Rojo.

It's a limited menu, with a particular style. Every dish is cooked to order. You eat at Rendezvous because you want this taste, done well. No, it's not cheap, but for those of us who live here and who dine out as our principle form of night-time entertainment, it's woth every shilling. Think about your bar bill after a night on the town, and the price you pay the next day .......... I have never had a hangover from chicken curry!

For the "good deal" kind of food place - I recommend the following:

Al-Baba - the falafel is only $6 BZ and is almost enough for two.

BC's Bar-b-Q - tons and tons of food - all very very good.

El Patio - the salbutes are sensational - three for $6 bz.

Mickey's - Wednesday Burrito has been a "stuff-yourself-silly" tradition for about 15 years.

Tropical Cooking - very good food, tiny price.

Elvi's - lunch with stewed chicken, rice and beans is just about perfect - wonderful food, excellent price and lots to eat.

Los Cocos - lunch-only - just as you enter San Juan area - home-cooked, limited menu - price is about $7.50 BZ for a hearty lunch.

Other recommendations for good eats -
Caliente
Blue Water Grill
Victoria House
Capricorn
Rojo
Mata Chica
Casa Picasso

And while we are at it - on your way out of Belize, make time to have lunch upstairs in the International Airport - the chef there won second prize in "Tastes of Belize". I thought I'd give it a try - and was blown away!
The menu rivals anything on AC - I had Smoked Thai-Chicken Burrito for lunch - a little "pricy" for lunch perhaps - but it was one of the best meals of my life - $8.50 US (17 BZ). The menu ranges from burgers to exotica, all in large portions, and wonderful quality. You can sit outside on the waving gallery, or inside in air-conditioning. (or get it to go - eat on the plane and drive the other airline passengers mad with envy) It's so good that it's worth arriving three hours before your flight so that you have time for a sit-down lunch.

Ciao.

This is good info. Diane! Thanks!

Diane, good recommendations, thanks! eek

Originally posted by seashell:
Sorry, Starry . . . but how is it that the guys posting at Fodor's are any more qualified than anyone else who has eaten at Rendevous, including Ernie?

I'll also mention that while the Fodor's posters seemed to like your pad thai, there was either no mention of your wine, or not such a glowing review of same.

Just my recommendation . . .but if you are going to be quoting web items/sites/postings to hype Rendevous, you might want to be a bit more particular.
So sorry to imply that anyone was any more or less qualified to comment, it just seemed that Ernie hi-jacked a topic with no relation to bad mouth the restaurant, the staff and the wine which according to his opinion is not to his liking, all I did was balance the scales.

I simply highlighted the fact that he is but a singular opinion, and if singular opinions are what's required to grade anything I choose to reserve my opinion of this person, however the fact that the restaurant doesn't do the "all you can eat" for $4.99 and the wine is not up to everyones standards then please find a relevant thread to expose that, not one that is for the purpose of highlighting a JAZZ FESTIVAL, no asked anyone to go their for dinner.

RENDEZVOUS RESTAURANT & WINERY presents
The San Pedro International Jazzfest, December 17th & 18th 2005
Featuring: Chris McNulty, Paul Bollenback and many more!
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.