Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Whoa... really? I'm with Law... Shouldn't it be highest bidder? I think the $2,000 is the max bet, not necessarily the amount the person wants to bid... hmmmmmmmmmm

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yeah - I got it alright - just seems to me that puts those who can't be there at a distinct disadvantage! I was thinkin' about something more like the way ebay works
but hey big guy - you make the rules - I'm just playin along wink laugh

Ya, like ebay! There ya go!

E
E
no one said the bids were going up in $100 increments, if the final live bid is $500 and the highest "silent" bid is $1,000 the "highest" bid, $1,000, wins. The silent bidder does not have the option to 'raise' his bid. He is in for the end result. On the other hand, the live bidder has the option to increase his edge if he/she wishes. Thats the best I can do.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Got it! wink

E - now I'm confused.

I was under the impression that once the live bidding was done on Item A, the the remote bids on item A were opened. Higher of the two wins. No additoanl bidding alloed. At least thats what youre posting says:

"Live bidding will begin at 4:30 PM CST, on Sunday 3-12-06 at B.C.s. Bids will be made in Belize dollars and payment will be either Bze$$ or U.S.$$. Minimum opening bid will be $100.00 Bze. At the conclusion of the LIVE bidding on each item, the SILENT Bids will be opened and no further bids will be accepted. The highest bid between the LIVE BID and the SILENT BID, will be declared the WINNING BID."

So, no one live blind or dead bidder gets any more chances, right?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
RIGHT ! What are youse guys smokin'

well, right above you said the live bidder got another chance.......thats why confused.

E
E
I said after the FINAL live bid was received, the SILENT bids would be opened and no further bids would be accepted.

not to diagree ( and I'm happy with the rules posted on other thread, but ...

"On the other hand, the live bidder has the option to increase his edge if he/she wishes. Thats the best I can do." posted 10:21PM immissing

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 187 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.