Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
I suppose my point is...BTL and their VOIP blocking, imported beer blocking, the (short lived) blocking of importation of blocks of cheese, soft drinks imports blocking, imported pineapple juice blocking.

This is not about saving jobs, it's all about pandering to greedy 2nd rate businessmen who hand out bribes to get their way.

What's next, no imported rums, vodkas, whiskys, brandys, wines, because the local producers say they manufacture it here and they want to protect their worker's jobs?

It's called "protectionism" and it really, REALLY sucks.

sweetJane, I'm all for your choice of not eating or drinking anything American in Turkey....but that will be your CHOICE, not because Turkey is banning American imports.

S
S
There is no initiative to say, "we ARE the best!" when the few can influence the few.

.....sniffle..... What is a Panty Ripper going to taste like now? CRAP! mad

S
S
Big-H produces an excellent pinapple juice. Made in Cayo and not put in an aluminum can.

I wasn't too long ago that a person couldn't purchase anything besides pringles from the US.

A lil' sacrifice on the consumer's part will help to strengthen the Belize market, significantly. Belize offers a host of great food products from Lobster to Red Kidney Beans. It is not about import duties, and finding US$ for more imports, but rather consuming as much locally produced products as we can. For those that have a need to eat fine cheeses and fizzy water, Chetumal and NAFTA is just a 20 minute flight away.

I wish the US would purchase more sugar from Belize also, and stop protecting the US sugar producers!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Boy, I remember in the recent past that apple juice ended up on the banned list. Well my kids live on apple juice. Belize doesn't grow apples but somebody was making apple juice from concentrate. Yeah right, it was apple flavoured sugar water. I went out and bought every box of real apple juice I could find. But somebody must have spoken into the right ear because lo and behold, the juice is back on the shelves.

I think that we should be able to import all of the abovementioned items - and pay a luxury price for it. If you want imported beer, have it - at $8 a bottle or whatever the price needs to be.

Many of our locally produced food products are so grim I wouldn't feed them to Pedro1.

We do have some excellent products too - plantain chips, orange juice, milk, tasty chickens. But we do not produce flavourful cheeses, apple juice, or treated pine lumber (any more.)

I would rather pay a premium on imported luxury items than not even have a choice.

Since when do we not produce treated lumber?

I meant GOOD QUALITY treated pine.

Now we never produced good quality or even straight for that matter but it is treated.

Belize has some of the most beautiful exotic woods and you argue over treated???

Treated if you want to survive the termites.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.