Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
E
E
reaper, pls pm me.

Reaper, tomorrow is a holiday in Belize but I do believe we can make those phone calls to the Mayor, Area Rep. and Town Council on Tuesday.

FYI, the Primary (Elementary) school is owned 50% by the Government and 50% by the Catholic Church. The Town Council doesn't have jurisdiction over it. I bet the Mayor would LOVE to take credit for building new classrooms (she has before) but it's really out of her realm of responsibility.

The government and Catholic Church would have to OK the planned classrooms. The Area Rep. (Hon. Manuel "Junior" Heredia) would have to be involved as he is our island's representative in Belmopan, the seat of Government.

Finally, I have not donated anything to the SPSC and so do not personally need an accounting of the monies held therein. But, it would be good to know exactly how much money the SPSC has to donate for the classroom construction and how much the project would cost and if necessary, how much money the Government and Catholic Church would need to come up with so that any phone calls made to the Area Rep on Tuesday contain all the right questions.

E
E
Thanks Chris, I will get back to you in the A.M.

Ernie

PS; it seems the building permits/design approval are in question.

Ernie

Agreed, Chris.

Reaper, I'd love to have a real way to contact you. We might be able to do good works together...although the fact that you jump out of perfectly good aircraft worries me.

G'night all. I've a full day tomorrow.

But here's a reminder: http://www.sanpedrosc.org/

I've no interest other than positive in that site. Should the monies gathered there go as they are intended, so be it. If not, I'll be both surprised and disappointed.

I don't expect, in the near or long term, to be either. Join me, if you can.

* I Go Pogo *
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm still waiting for a response from Pammy...
midnight's the deadline.

By the way - anyone not on P&D's ignore list raise your hand! laugh

Pam&Dave... such a disappointment!

Law, thanks for the detailed explanation. It was great.

Now, let's get away from this P&D mumbo jumbo and onto something better like...
Originally posted by Catatonic Motivator:
And let's not forget that the original intent of the SPSC was to benefit the school children of San Pedro.

Ernie's initial mission was to provide a lunch room. That was crushed via multiple roadblocks. The vision was then adapted to work with the Calendar Girls to expand the school physically; that's where things stand today.

Those of us who understand things Belize, understand. The original intent--to support the kids in SP in an educational effort--stands firm.

Those who believe and are willing to contribute are the same as they ever were.

I don't know how more plain this can be made.
Good one Cat Mo!!!

Hey TQ!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey girlie!!
Countdown's begun - and the real fun is on the sex in belize thread laugh

Hey klc... what a mess :rolleyes:

It's just too bad that most of these people, haven't been there through all of the troubles/road blocks etc. that the board of directors have witnessed. I assure you that if they'd been behind the scenes (and of course, I can only speak for this past year), the "bashers" would be apologizing. Every last one of them, I assure you. It's been a really tough year. If things had gone our way, the addition would be started, and we'd see these funds hard at work...

Sounds like with reapers help and a few others, things could change - soon. Fingers crossed!

Hey Law! I'm outta here and over to SEX!...

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,482
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.