Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
S
Well we enjoy paying for the new building just about as much as you enjoy paying for phone service...electric...and lets not forget Social Security, or the Phone Company or one of the other dozen things that line the pockets of the GOB. Before you go into the US money issues.... refer back to who will bail Belize out.
For forced occupation you should look to the mother England for the original blueprint for taking over the world but now its called "History" not and Invasion. You should know this one it was British Honduras right? So is Belize really its part of Three Sovereign Nations or was that just History?
All in All Belize in general and Ambergris direclty should look up and be glad someone cares to even bother with the well being of your nice little beach front lot. Now you have oil to go with that sun use it wisely.

Hasta La Proxmia

I read it on the internet so it must be true.
S
S
SIN-
Forgot this one, are you sure nobody asked for help? You read a lot of history or access to other nations archives? Who is it that writes History? Hell you dont even know what your own GOB is doing other than looking for the ="Bling Bling" or a "Bust off"

I read it on the internet so it must be true.
SIN, the oil that Belize has is of little interest to the USA...I think if our entire know reserves were all "harvested" right now it would provide enough energy to power the USA for 1/2 a day.

I've said it before...the oil is not going to bail Belize out of its problems. Only a government that is willing to govern properly can do that. Nice pipe dream.

C
C
A U.S. military presence in Belize is a good thing and it should be welcomed if it happens.
It would be a boom to the economy (would make the oil rev look like dresser change).
First rate medical/health care would be available to ALL Belizean citizens.
Education facilities would be vastly improved.
Immediate response and support in the event of a hurricane.
Many Belizeans would be employed in support roles at way above standard salaries.
Law enforcment and criminal investigation would be vastly modernized and improved.
The list of positives is long. They far out weigh the negitives.
Most of you on here probably don't realize this fact; when the British Forces reduced their presence in Belize, many businesses also closed. PG turned into a ghost town over night.

S
S
Is first rate medical health care available to all Americans? OK, didn't think so.

US style education? Shootings and metal detectors in schools? No thanks, not for my kids.

Hurricanes! Are you kidding me! Katrina....helloooo!!! NEMO is fine, we handled Mitch, Keith and Iris 110% better than your Katrina. Please leave us be with hurricane repsonse.

Beieve it or not, Belize may just be able to take care of themselves. Just a lil' tid bit for ya to chew on.....if Belize wasn't so close to NAFTA and the US, do you think Belize would have a drug problem? (think before you immediately react....take time to respond)

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
The reason why I think Belize is so important to the US all comes back to Drug Trafficking.

We wouldn't be important if the US would stop consuming big amounts of illegal drugs. The drug trafficers are all hungry for the green dollar.

Belize would onlyy be about 1/2 its size if its friendly neighbor to the west were to exercise its claims on Belize. It and has even repeated those claims in recent years.

International rumor has it the reason for a big new embassy in a disputed area was to deter the issue at the low key request of the GOB.

If Belize didn't have friends it would get its ass kicked in about five minutes.

"NEMO is fine, we handled Mitch, Keith and Iris 110% better than your Katrina. Please leave us be with hurricane repsonse." ....as a Belizean I think that's a fecal statement, SIN. We got an awful lot of help from countries such as the USA after "our" storms.

Just because you now hate your native country please don't conduct a war on it on Belize's (or my) behalf.

Belize has first rate medical? What does a nurse make per year there? And why does everyone I know in San Pedro go to Merida to get advanced medical treatment? And why are the doctors in Belize in dire need of supplies?
And how much does a teacher in Belize make per year?
And I know a lot of Canadians buy a lot of drugs also.
GWB has a LOT of policy problems at home and abroad but I think he doesn't have a clue where Belmopan is, nor cares, oil or not. GWB's neighbors in Midland have that much crude under their ranches.
How much money does it take take to run a country with 250,000+ folks in it? DO the math, someones gett'n rich...and it sure as hell isn't the people.
And SIN...who buys most of the time shares and real estate in San Pedro?
Just my late night thoughts.... cool

One more thought...medical care is available to ALL people in the US, legal or not, in an emergency situation. That policy severly impacts the health care system in the US. Too much ER space taken up by too many idiots that can't do simple things for themselves to cure their simple ailments.

SIN...come to LA and ride along for a few shifts at my fire dept. I'll show you some things that will open your eyes A bit about US health care.

Excuse me a minute...I just fell off of my soapbox and have to go to the ER....

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.