Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Every time I come down (last trip was in September) I keep hoping this will be filled in. It's been really gross and smelly for a long time, but it seemed to be being filled in with mostly sea grass and palm fronds. Now it appears to have disintegrated into a garbage dump. I was amazed in June that there were still fish alive in there. Not so in September. Besides the real, ugly grossness of it, being the rather uncoordinated sort, I fear falling off the sea wall and into that wretched mess. Especially after dark......

Looks like it has the making of a PERPETUAL compost heap and uncontrolled land fill, and will probably continue to be so until an ordinance is passed by the council prohibiting it and requires it to be removed, disposed of and the area filled with stone, gravel and/or sand. just my 2c BZ.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It's much worse now - I was going to photograph it this morning but (yet) more rain intervened (will it never stop?). There actually are old stoves dumped there. It's quite incredible that these scum are allowed to get away with - anything they please. It's high time someone stopped them.

It would be good to circulate this URL to those people who've innocently given their money to these people in the expectation of "a slice of paradise".

It's just occurred to me that non-locals may not realise that this site is not just south of the Belize Yacht Club - it's owned and managed by them, following the standards they adopt in all their enterprises. Although that last part isn't really true - normally the filth is covered over by a thin veneer of respectability, but here they don't seem to give a damn. Perhaps they've already sold the new condos so don't need to window dress any more?

C
C
We walked by it every day for a month last Feb. I even asked around to see how it could be allowed and sent people to look at it, but I see things haven't improved. I would sure hate to buy a condo with that mess under the footings or even the front yard. I guess having building codes here in the US isn't all bad.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.