Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nova #224636 12/25/06 10:29 PM
Sorry you had so much trouble, but I hope you had a great Christmas! Here's to a beachy New Year!

Take the road less traveled
Nova #224644 12/26/06 03:57 AM
D
DB Offline
D
Jesse is right, ususally when you ignore the a..holes, they do go away, and this applies to life in general. well behaved pets are as welcome to me anywhere as most people (and in many cases more so).

Observe how someone treats animals and it usually provides insight into how they treat other people.

One of the great things about AC is the way animals are treated as a whole relative to other similarly situated islands. Says something about the people there. Collyk and others are to be commended. You know who you are. Keep up the good work.

DB

DB #224646 12/26/06 09:02 AM
Observe how someone treats animals and it usually provides insight into how they treat other people.

confused How does the practice of poisoning dogs fit into that characterization?

I heard a similar story the other day except that it was a Belizean getting on my American friend for not having the dog on a leash. My friends dog is very pleasant... I don't get people sometimes...

D
DB Offline
D
bywarren, exactly...... makes you wonder. Troubling thought.

DB #224710 12/27/06 11:54 AM
actually, collyk, i heard about this situation from a friend of mine that was with you. the a&*hole in question, actually has a really good heart, but when he drinks, he's not as nice as one would like. he is also one that comes here a few times a year and has for many years, and therefore thinks he knows best sometimes. he just wants to fit in as a "local" i think, but sometimes his temper gets in his way.

while i've no doubt that it put a wicked damper on your day, please dont let it bother you too much. he's not a monster, and really he's not an asshole, he just cant handle his liquor (not that its an excuse for him, but well, its all i can say!) For the record, i generally find that i can only take him in small doses when he's drinking as well...so its not personal i guess is what i'm babbling trying to say smile

Collyk, As you are aware I had the pleasure of meeting "Lucky" at BC's last Sunday. I found lucky to be a very well behaved dog, in fact just as well behaved as "charlie" was.(This is a complement Pedro1 so do not read into it too much) I don't understand how people do not realize that they are "visitors" to the island and should act accordingly and not assume that there own country's rules apply here. P.S. had a great time with you guys grin

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
You're complimenting Charlie?!? Pedro's Charlie??? That dog is RUDE! Begs pizza from customers; naps under the pool table interfering with players; never willingly makes deliveries leaving the charming host to do all the work.
Still my favourite white dog though....

K
K
If this post sounds muffled, it's b/c I'm already ducking for cover. Is there really a San Pedrano culture/heritage of adopting stray dogs? Clearly anglos adopt dogs temporarily, such as the dog that stayed for a month in a courtyard suite at BB last summer; and adopt them "permanently" as well as import them and passionately support Saga, as you folks represent. I just can't recall seeing much other than tolerant indifference from Belizians, so I'm not sure who's country's rules are being applied.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
What I find pretty interesting about all this is the idea that someone who expresses a different point of view is labeled an as$hole and it is expressed that hopefully the person will leave. Gotta love the tolerance around here.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,034
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.