Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
How about all our friends in Canada?

"Up to 20,000 Canadians may have unknowingly lost their citizenship by failing to celebrate their 24th birthdays in Canada, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Wednesday.

An obscure provision in that nation's Citizenship Act - on the books from 1947 to 1977 - automatically stripped citizenship from Canadians who celebrated their 24th birthday outside the country within those dates without signing the proper form, CBC News said".

Absolutely fascinating. The article does mention they plan to do something about it.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Will these ex-canadians have to give up saying "Eh" ? Or is is spelled Aay? "A"?

I didn't completely get the statement above. Is the 24th birthday rule still in effect?

Will these ex-canadians be moving to Paraguay with the Bush cronies?

Oh, and we should all be seeing more European business because the Euro and Pound are very strong right now. As is the yen.

Never tried an armadillo helmet. Should this be live or plastic?

Oh and Pedro2 - you should get back to Belize before the tv drama sucks you in and you forget that there is a whole "real world" over here :-)

Thousands of miles away and still causing trouble!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Keep up with that new business plan BarbaraK, who wants to do business with those stinky Americans anyway, right?

People dislike the stinky Americans, but they sure do like their stinky American dollars. How odd. So many of the countries of the world would rather have our stinky money, quite often in preference to their native currency. We, on the other hand, are criticized for being more commerce oriented. Aren't people strange?

Get over it Rykat. My mission is getting people who will appreciate Belize, to Belize. I book all nationalities, political orientations, sexual orientations, races, religions...even narrow minded */^%#'s like you

L
L
From what I hear the American dollar is losing ground these days, How much does it cost to go to europe? Whats the cost of a burger in Rome?

Europe fares are very cheap in the winter (now till April). Very expensive when you get there however due to the weak dollar & strong Euro.

It might be interesting to see who is buying the weak dollars. I will check my sources and see if they say anything. typically, a weak dollar is purchased as an investment, with the assumption that it will rise again. It always has, probably always will (I hope). Time will tell what the euro will establish as a track record.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Many pundits reckon that long-term the euro is doomed. The (US) dollar will always bounce back as it has a solid foundation. Though what's going on at Ford and GM is a bit worrying.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.