Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Im looking for a long-term position flying ANYTHING (single-engine or greater). Im an ex-military pilot, CFI/CFII, Airline Transport Pilot...oh yeah, also fly helicopters if there is a need...

I appreciate any leads.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan,
Tropic and Maya fly Cessna Caravans. Phone them to see about sending a resume. I know they usually train their own Belizean pilots.
Astrum Helicopters is the only operator right now in Belize City. They fly a Bell 206.
Good Luck!

tropic also flies twin otters, and a little 4 seater that i forget. mike kuhn is the chief pilot out of tropic, so contact him directly.

you also might want to check with TACA airlines, as they fly daily to san salvador and houston, so maybe they will have a need for someone based out of belize. they fly, i believe, an 18 seater.

good luck, its a great place to be a pilot. same job you would do anywhere else, except, well, its HERE!

PM me with your resume, and i'll see if i can walk it in to tropic for you.

Lara, I tried to PM you yesterday and your mailbox was full!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
E
E
TACA flies Airbus 300

Among many other types

C
C
TACA operates A319/320 acft. Subs (feeders) operate a few other TP types.
Your chances of getting a job with TACA at this time (TACA pilots are leaving though for much greener grass in the M.E.) is zero unless you are a born national of a C.A. country. Also, the pilot pay scale for TACA and subs is way below international industry standards.
Tropic Air does not hire direct entry pilots for the Caravan or Twin Otter. All new hires start in the C172 acft. Tropic Air pilot pay scale is at and above U.S.A./international industry standards.

Ryan, you can email me you resume [email protected]

Gustavo Giron jr.
Astrum Helicopters
I'm pretty sure one of our Maya flights was a Britten-Norman Islander.

H
H
Hi guys
I'm a new entry of this forum.
I'm an european pilot and in 2005 I spent about 3 months in San Pedro flying with Tropic as copilot on C 208 B.
As far as I remember it is up to some lucky circumstances to get a job in Tropic, I mean your total flight time and experience, if they are in the need of pilot, etc...( they of course use to get priority to local pilot in respect to foreign ), maybe easier in Maya if you manage to chat with chief pilot or some captain, but it works like the same.
I wish to get the chance even to ask you for some infos if you can have any feedback in this sense.
I'm rated on A320 ( with no experience on type ) and a total time of about 650hours.
I'm looking for some direction of HR of TACA since it would be a very great deal for me to get a job with them. I have an erupean passport and all my licence are european too. Could be a trouble for them? I remember when I joined to Tropic they accepted everything an got a convalidation of my papers.
So if you have a fax number or any email address of TACA I'll be very gratefull if you could let me know it.

Many thanks in advance to all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.