Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Amanda, you would know far more about the High Schools here then I. I was thinking of computer labs, chemistry labs, a library with plenty of both books and computers, advanced classes in biology, trig., computer science, music and art. None of these are essentials to education but they are available in almost any high school in the States. For the student with the desire and ablity the special classes are important. Maybe sub-standard was a poor choice of words, you can chauk it up to my poor education (in the States).

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
G
G
As someone who graduated from High School in Belize City in the early seventies, it amazes me that regulars to our country (granted maybe they only see things through their sunny glasses while sipping panty rippers) can speak of an educational system they know very little about.
Amanda (as do many Belizeans) has a right to be offended by your statement but I will just "chalk" it up to your being uninformed.

Do you not think in 30 years that the educational system in Belize has gone it to decline

S
S
I think that can be said of all the Western world.

Yes but we are talking about Belize, I have been told that over 50% of teacher's here are not qualified to teach.

I do not think that goes for the Western world as well or maybe I am wrong

They recently made all the Belizean teachers take the CXE exams which they teach and their students have to pass. A very large percentage of teachers failed the exam.

That is my point, well said

S
S
So, the US public school system isn't in decline? (Not counting the rich white neighbourhoods)

We have enough qualified Belizean teachers here, thank you, and they are more qualified now than 30 years ago.

We actually are not a bunch of ignorant bastards down here that need to be learned from "qualified" aliens.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
S
A private High School was started by some Texans, my daughter realy enjoyed it, till' they closed.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
The high schools have science labs, music and art curriculums, advanced sciences and mathematics classes, computer labs, libraries, sports facilities and events. Certainly not "the best of the best" like they might have in the US, but I can certainly tell you that most of my friends that have kids in high school in the States are not happy with the quality of education.

As SIN said, the only stellar experience we had with a kid in high school in the US was at a very cost private high school.

I guess those folks that live here, make Belize their home and take the time to learn about the communities that they live in, and eventually earn the right to vote will be able to be as happy and proud of our small accomplishments as I am.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.