Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I realize the last sentence was probably tongue in cheek for you, but perhaps someday you may think differently. Part of me hopes so, and part of me hopes not. The fact that Belize (pretty much sedate, non-aggressive)needs a defense force might indicate there are some neighbors who may not be so inclined. So, did those gang fights make things better? It would be nice if the world did not need any armies, but being prepared for just about anything is preferable to obliteration. Just my opinion.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
S
S
Agreed. Cain killed Able and they were from perfect parents! War and violence will always be here, but blind obedience and nationalism created Nazi Germany. I would be the first to pick up a rifle and head to Cayo if Guatemala invaded! I would greatly oppose the invasion of any country though, for political reasons in the region.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S
S
BDF provides much needed local support in times of natural disaster.
After Hurricane Mitch sent devastating waves onto Ambergris Caye, the BDF was the first on the scene, set up communications, and patrolled 24 hours a day, arresting looters and assisting people in distress.
Good Guys and Gals!

Political reasons can be just about anything you want them to be. Perhaps the US should pull everyone back to the states and have them take care of the invaders we seem to be having problems with. Whoops, political football. It all depends on whose political ox is being gored at the time. Ours, theirs, yours, anyones. If Guat invaded, wouldn't it be for political reasons of their own? They might think you are really really evil. Human nature is our enemy, and it will not be overcome anytime soon. Your implication that anyone who is not in agreement with you is a blindly obedient nationalist is pure rubbish.

P.S. Cain was a liberal, he was just taking what was rightfully his. smile

S
S
You'll have to explain this to me like I'm a six year old. Did I make such a statement, or sorry, implication? about anyone being rubbish (is that like a radish?) I would not subject myself (note, me, not anyone) to a situation where I must follow death orders, where as a thinking adult, I may disagree with the motive behind such. That's just me.

It wouldn't be such a bad idea to defend your own nation's border before trying to rebuild others. But that's no fun and there's much less money in it.

SIN

The U.S. needs to protect its own border -- period. It is one of the few constitutionally allowed actions the military can take and yet seems far down the list of priorities.

Debate gets muddy awfully quickly when you start talking about war overseas. There needs to be a clear and compelling national interest for us to be doing anything anywhere else.

I am an advocate for a strong military with lost of kicka*s toys and plenty of funding to support them. This is NOT synonymous with using those toys everywhere in the world for sh*ts and giggles.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Unless our next generation of automobiles are powered by sh*ts and giggles!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
The implication was that anyone who puts anything other than their own ideals and self interest at the forefront is automatically a blindly obedient nationalist (and the cause of strife in the world). I am sure you know what rubbish is. There are people who would put their lives on the line for their fellow citizens, even those who don't believe in the same ideals. Some people are thankful to those who put other things in front of self, some people think they are idiots.

E
E
Guess that makes me an idiot. Semper Fi.

Last edited by immissing; 03/28/07 04:51 PM.
S
S
Perhaps the way you digested the statement. I totally agree with you about people putting their life on the line. I'm sure the suicide bombers feel the same way, they really put it on the line. Extremists and patriot is in the eye of the beholder

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.