Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
S
S
Wow, really cheap too.....not. A few decades ahead of our time.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
M
M
unfortunatly the "developer" is somewhat slow in returning E mails, alas I have used this forum to solicit opinions and facts regarding this property. You guys have been my lifeline and I thank you for it. Mike J

OP Offline
Mike: I am sure that many property owners will find this thread in the future. We can all be a support to one another as our exclusive Palm Bay Club grows in membership.

Here is another reason to become a member of our club. I copied and pasted this off of the home page of the web site on Palm Bay Club. The caretaker of Palm Bay Club will not object. I am sure:

REASON TO BECOME A MEMBER OF PALM BAY CLUB

"Palm Bay Club is the most affordable subdivision on Ambergris Caye. This area of the island is undoubtedly one of the most pristine stretches of beach that Ambergris Caye has to offer. Due to its location near the Mexican border you will find high land elevations and beautiful waters. Palm Bay Subdivision offers extremely affordable home sites located just off the beach with magnificent views of the barrier reef and Caribbean Ocean."

If you are not a member of the club Mike I hope you join and others like you. The more who join the more secure our club will become. See you on the beach and Happy Easter, ELDORADO-777

Disclaimer: I have no economic relationship with the new manager of Palm Bay Club. I do not know his or her name. I have never talked with them or gotten an email back from him or her yet at this time. My desire to see Palm Bay Club grow is purely a personal economic matter because I am an owner of one piece of property there and have been for almost 15 years. I hope the other owners of land will benefit also as our club grows.

To contact the caretaker of Palm Bay Club and find out how you can become a member also, please go to the contact page found on the web site in my signature below.

OP Offline
I was looking through my old materials on Palm Bay Club and I found a letter that was written to all lot owners in 1994. If you look at what the NEW OWNER is offering for FREE as far as clearing the land (directly below) and compare that with what the lot owners were going to have to pay to have the same thing done to increase the value of the property, you will see the GOOD DEAL that all future members of PALM BAY CLUB are getting now with the new caretaker.

I also hope the new owner/caretaker will read the following letter that I have taken a long time to write (below) and from it glean some ideas of how to proceed to clear the land in order to increase the value of the properties in the beautiful PALM BAY CLUB for all present and future club members.

It is exciting to know that as the caretaker/owner clears the land and beautifies it our property will increase in value. That is why it is good to become a member of Palm Bay Club now so that you can benefit from future increases in the property valuation. I hope many join the club in the coming months.

ELDORADO-777

----------------------------------------------------------------

NEW OWNER'S PLAN - LOT OWNERS PAY NOTHING (FREE)

Palm Bay Club has a new owner who is proud to have the opportunity to market this proven Ambergris Caye community. The new owner will begin work very soon on improving the subdivision's beachfront and existing interior roads by clearing and restoring them to a similar state as when the subdivision was developed. Included in their plans is clearing of the common areas central to the Horse Shoes.
[email protected] http://palmbayclub.net

---------------------------------------------------------------

OLD PLAN THAT COST $16:67 PER MONTH PLUS $250.00 PAID ONE TIME

"Feb. 15th 1994

Dear Palm Bay Lot Owner,

This letter is in reference to a proposed lot owner's association of the Palm Bay Club. There are several benefits to be realized from such an association. First, with having an organized group, we will have a newsletter put out quarterly or bi-annually. This newsletter will contain such features as current news from Belize and also information on other properties. The last is very important for two reasons, the property that comes on the market may be the one you will be interested in. Secondly, some people will be selling their properties from time to time for different reasons, and you will get a very good idea of what property values are based on from what these resales bring.

Another benefit of having a lot owner's association of Palm Bay is cleaning and maintaining of the property. Case after case on Ambergris Caye wherever there has been cleaning and maintaining of properties there has been a dramatic increase of property value. This happens in several ways. One, simply cleaning and maintaining the property enhances the value by much more than your investment. Two, your property will look good, thus enhancing resaleability because beautiful eye-catching property attracts more interest than undeveloped land.

Higher visibility and resaleability leads to higher property values. An accurate assessment can be made as to the the level of interest in home building on Palm Bay Club. Clean and well-maintained lots with homes on some of these lots will give the place an auora of being a relaxing home away from home. Once the land is cleaned and some homes are built, many people will get in line to buy in this area. Quite a few lot owners have contacted me in the last month asking for help to get their properties cleared and cleaned for future building at the Palm Bay sight....

In the Palm Bay Club, cleaning the land will consist of clearing away the dense bush and much of the jungle. All tall, beautiful trees will be left in place. Beautiful tropical foliage will be left whenever and wherever possible. Palm Bay Club will require a one time payment of $250:00. This will get the land to a state where grooming and/or building can begin.

Maintaining the properties will include a certain amount of landscaping and planting of trees in areas that are lacking. Colorful plants and flowers will be planted all over the Palm Bay Club to enhance the beauty of the place. Individual lot owners may request any type of customized landscaping on their lots for an additional fee. A yearly fee of $200:00 will be required for maintainance to the above-mentioned specifications.
This is very reasonable as it only works out to $16:67 per month! Aerial and ground level photographs of maintenance and landscaping of Palm Bay Club will be taken for the owners. This would also be an excellent tool for marketing Palm Bay Club for people interested in reselling their lots.

...for those only seriously interested in building at the Palm Bay Club we can assist you with everything from architectural drawings to general contracting...."

----------------------------------------------------------------

S
S
Just asking but are we going to see this thread updated daily/weekly for the next 10 years?

OP Offline
Looking over my materials I think I have exhausted what I have to say. So I will wait for other lot owners, like myself, to come onto this thread and post their experiences of owning property and visiting their property in the Palm Bay Club. I have nothing more to say for a while.

Just a couple of months ago, I googled in Palm Bay Club. I was relieved to see that real estate developers were selling Palm Bay Club property and just a couple of weeks ago I discovered this forum because someone started another thread comparing Palm Bay Club with another place on Ambergris Caye. But I wanted to see a thread devoted to just Palm Bay Club and so I created this thread SimonB.

I created this thread: ALL ABOUT PALM BAY CLUB in hopes of placing down the knowledge I had so others could benefit, but I hoped other land owners in Palm Bay Club would also post their questions and knowledge of what was happening. I am hoping that by having a thread devoted to PALM BAY CLUB we all can benefit and many land owners in Palm Bay will finally find each other and exchange ideas that will help us all.

Well, more than I could hope for has already happened. I found out about a new development that is going to bring 1000 more people closer to Palm Bay Club and I just found out about electricity being brought within five miles of Palm Bay Club.

Then the finale: Someone posted a web site ( http://palmbayclub.net ) devoted exclusively to Palm Bay Club. That really got me excited because I can see that Palm Bay Club is truly being looked after and is destined to be developed faster than some think.

Now, all we need to do is to wait for all the other land owners to find this forum and start posting their knowledge on this thread also. I am hoping to bring about the development of Palm Bay Club sooner than later so I see my own property gain in value and the property of the other lot owners who like me have waited for many years.

I am also interested in possibly building on my property. Just being on this forum has gotten me interested and has given me more knowledge about what to do. I am even thinking about visiting the property by way of Cancun in the near future.

Hope I can help anyone who needs it, ELDORADO-777

Hi everyone. I'm so glad I found this area to correspond. I've been trying for years to deal with Palm Bay Club Ltd. owners and it's so difficult to get any response from them. Does anyone know if Gerold McDermott is still involved or has the company changed hands?

p.s. I bought 2 lots in Palm Bay about 15 years ago. They are both paid for but I do not hold the titles yet.

2nd Chance

S
S
Gerold (Jerry) is no longer the developer. He can be reached at his office (in his name) on Barrier Reef Drive. His son in law is the man on point, Makul.

They still have some decent lots for $65k on the beach.

www.casacayorealestate.com - very informative

SIN

S
S
I hope not to have too many neighbours any time soon.

SIN

SIN,

Thanks for the info. Are you currently living on the island?

2nd Chance

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.