Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thanks Hon. I will change it smugly once I move! To be honest, I am jealous of myself.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Thanks Marty!
I just love google earth maps!
Thank You for a great message Board all of these years!

Here's another Marty & kitten! http://www.mart-face.com/
Belize it! Margarita

cool site, I put myself on even though it will be my first visit in May.

Thanks - Karen & Michelle

Originally posted by Marty:
wanna mark your location onto a map? lets see where everyone is at....
http://www.frappr.com/ambergriscayemessageboard

to add your pin, click the map and fill out the short form. soon i can edit that form so some fields may go away if we decide they aren't needed. works best to zoom in real close before you add your pin so you can get real exact

[b]the slider bar at the upper left of the map will zoom you in and out. the arrows will move you left right and up and down.

the zoom will go way way down close. the map is centered on ambergris caye, so sliding the bar up will zoom you way in close onto the island. tho the last couple settings at the top (super super duper close) do not work, so if you set the zoom clear to the top, back up just a bit and up pops the island.

it's tied into google maps, so the detail is pretty neato.

in the upper right corner there are three square buttons. they change the view of the earth from a map with countries (MAP button), a view of the earth without boundaries and showing geographical forms (SATELLITE button), and a combination of both (HYBRID button).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

amazing detail....

the ads at the bottom will go away soon (i did the pay version so there aren't ads but its going to take a couple days for them to change me over from the free version i guess), and the message board link is bogus and will go away too...

this should be fun

[Linked Image] [/b]

Be a pal, save a Dal.
Can anyone give the "code" required to add a pin or am I too late...this is really interesting.

Be a pal, save a Dal.
Hon Offline
spots101x, the code they are looking for is in the grid right next to the text box. The one I'm looking at right now is 17C67 but it is totally random. If you need more help either post here or click on contact admin in the top tool bar.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Thanks, Hon. I'm now "on the map" though I'm pretty green at these things! I appreciate your help!

Be a pal, save a Dal.
It took me a while but I think I got it....
Looked like the doublemint twin for a sec.
laugh

Take the road less traveled
Darn! Why can't I see this map?

Kat
N
N
Hi, I see there's not been a post to this for awhile. For those of you who couldn't figure it out try again. I had troubles too. You have to remember to click "add yourself" on the left side first, then it gives you the buttons to push. It's pretty darn cool!

I'm new to the board and have never been to Belize - yet! My husband and I are planning our first trip there in late October and early November. We want to take a boat to Ambergris Caye from Xcalak - staying over 3 nights in San Pedro. Does anyone have any details on just how we'll accomplish this? Look forward to reading and learning more about Belize here.

Thanks,
Kathy

~Kathy~
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.