Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Bring a sense of humor and lots of money.

I've read some great responses and you can see there are many good and helpful people here. Big Mike is right though. Funds and a sense of humor would be at the top of the list. Sueno Del Mar is an awesome role model as a development. It's spacious and has what most want which is little need to leave often. Great transportation to town, and the fractional ownership concept is timely also for the ones who only wish to have for themselves and family for a portion of the year and not deal with rental neighbors and timeshare stuff. Very slick. They can be proud. Look forward to meeting you. By the way, we don't have waves here for surfing but perhaps your son would like kite or wind surfing. the conditions inside the reef for that are awesome.

Writer claims no authority, worthwhile knowledge of any kind, and didn't make love to that woman.
Read "Don't Stop the Carnival" by Herman Wouk before making the decision to move :-)

Originally Posted by TrueLover
I've read some great responses and you can see there are many good and helpful people here. Big Mike is right though. Funds and a sense of humor would be at the top of the list.

So true TL We are terribly short on sense of humor at times , the Island life does that to everyone after a while.I moved here from ...Memphis Tennessee, about 20 years ago and I remember the people I met that had lived here a while had the kind of Island fever attitude I wanted to avoid.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
"we don't have waves here for surfing".

Habaneros has a nice break for surfing and if you're living at Sueno it's nearby.

get out...no way....kamikaze serf

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
Hey the windsurfing kids go up there whenever they get the chance and the guys that used to run Salamander swore by it.

G
G
My husband and I are also planning to move to AC as soon as we can get our properties sold here in Maryland. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I have been lurking here for about three years now and have learned quite a bit.

I have been getting rid of "stuff" for over a year now and have finally decided what we can't live without. And it isn't much! I'm tired of cleaning and taking care of "stuff".

Hopefully I can open the front door and the sea breeze will blow the dust out the back door!

We bought new cookware and some kitchen appliances, good quality flatware that won't rust, a new front load washer and other things we thought we would need. What else?

As someone else suggested we have saved our music on our computer and bought small bose speakers. We can download pretty much anything from the internet.

I have also been buying big planters� I heard that good flower pots can be hard to find. I hope to grow tomatoes, sweet peppers and spinach if I can figure out a cover to keep the critters out.

We plan to use Hyde shipping� spoke to Nelson� they will send a truck with a twenty foot container for us to pack ourselves. It will go from Maryland to Port Everglades and on to Belize City and takes about ten days total time. Since we have to pay for a container I may as well fill it. I have spoken with a customs broker, George Bradley, and he said he would take care of everything for us. I don't know what the fees will be though.

We will be bringing our Greyhounds (3) with us and I have spoken with BAHA about importing dog food (Canidae) for them. Dr Figueroa told me I didn't need a permit if it is for just my dogs� just permission via paperwork that they will provide.

We visited the Phoenix in Aug 06 and would love to buy there, but there may not be anything left by the time we get our property sold here. We are hoping to find a two bedroom about 1500 sq. ft inside, on the beach with a pool very close to or in town.

Some more questions�

Should we buy kayaks there?
Are jet skis an option?

M
M
Gramarye - where in MD? I am also in MD and planning on headed to AC...although sooner rather than later, and for short term (just the month of november, unfortunately...although fortunate enough that I can get down there for the month).

C
C
Living here since 2001, and have brought down many wrong things, got a great TV here 5 yrs ago, still runs great, so does the microwave, the blender, all my kitchen utensils have not rusted, prices were reasonable enough,Towels, sheets,blankets cheapest in san Ignacio, because they are brought in from Guatemala but pots and pans, what a crises, sooo expensive, bring them down if you can, get something that wont rust.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.