Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Live and let live
G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much! I'm single, and qualify for the Belize retiree program, so might just go that way.

Just remember with the QRP you are strictly forbidden any type of work in Belize. Also under QRP you are not a resident so you have to pay the higher fees every time you fly out of the country. It has advantages but many disadvantages, such as tying up your US cash every month in a Belize bank in Belize dollars.

S
S
Re: Short's post

Looking at those prices I'm in the wrong business, doing it myself was a third of the cost.

I was going to say something but thought it was just me. Sure glad we did it ourselves, saved mucho bucks.

G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
SimonB and dabunk - What did you do yourself and how did you do it that saved you so much money?

G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Maybe I should just come down for 6 months or so, hang out at BC's and figure out all the in's and out's before I make any decisions.

C
C
It is written that you have to be here a year prior to getting residency, theirs all the rules and regs in black and white. but it just isnt always so. I always suggest a person go to Belmopan and get an appointment and meet with the Director of Immigration. I although on my 3rd work permit never spent more than 3 months a year here when I got my residency two yrs ago I have been here full time since, and I got my husbands residency for him while he was not even in the country. No bribe money, no kick backs, I am just an artist here not a big money maker, but everyone has a circumstance and everyone has a different story, go to the horses mouth and plea your case.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
We did it ourselves, not paid this company to do it for us. Gabby, that is the best thing you can do, come and live here for 6 months to a year and then decide what you want to do.

G
gabby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much to all of you for your help. Great first time forum experience!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,478
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.