Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Perhaps when the Police Report, which Canbrit was so eager to see, is filed, it could list a stolen Life Ring.
Couldn't hurt for Tropic, Mayan and the Water Taxi to be notified either?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
C
C
Wow. I hate it when I don't look here this long.

We've dived with ADM many times and have countless great memories and even one serious recompression chamber story (thankfully successful, due to their attention) to recall. The Miss Mel was a fine boat to drive and dive from and I've personally chartered her for our family in the past.

Changa has a great staff and, if there were an accident like this to occur with us aboard, I'd be thankful to be with them and counting all those passengers as healthy survivors. I've got plenty of gear and enough insurance that I'd never even consider the worries about replacement...even without DAN (or other) coverage. I would, having utilized it before, however, highly recommend it; especially for the medical coverage.

Personally, the picture of Miss Mel burning made me cry. She was a wonderful vessel and a great many memories were made aboard her.

Thanks be to God that no one was physically injured or lost.

I was going to get a life, but this was easier.
CatMo has the perspective so right . . . bad things happen to good people sometimes. It may sound trite, but it is so true!!

Anger and blame have no place here. . . no one wins. When you consider the alternative scenarios, the fact that folks are around to complain is a testament to the crew, their training, and the vigilance of their friends aboard the boats that came to their aid. I love this island!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
We used Miss Mel and ADM for our support/dive boat this year for the jump into the Blue Hole. My group never wants to go out there again unless it's with them. Thankfully no one was injured.

D
D
I've never felt the urge to post here before but there is always a first time.

Only covered by DAN if there is an incident report by local law enforcement. ALL insurance claims of this nature require a police report for all parties. I also read in the news that ADM was required to report this fire immedidiatly and may be subject to fines for failing to do so. This adds to ADMs misery but could have been avoided easily. Some of the tourists were also told by the police to make statements. I don't think that indicates a keeness as stated in an ealier post

It seems the ring had been signed by all of the tourists. The lady was pretty shook up and clinging to the ring all day as she feels it saved her life. The parading around with it is a big exaggeration from what I can tell and was purely to get all those involved to sign it. Kinda conforter I guess. I'v never been traumatized so I can't say.
I think the remark saying she stole it was a little strong. After all I believe Maritime law states differantly. Salvage law I think. And if it helps her get over it then whats the problem.
As has been reported before facts not fiction before you shout wolf. Also I think the quote "it's all thats left" may be incorrect. What happened to all the other life jackets? The photos I have seen clearly shows them being worn.

I also think attacking canbrit for something reading as a report is not right. Readin the posts it seems all SOME of you have done is get his hackles up by attacking him.I can't blame him for hitting back, we all do the same and it seems he succeeded in finding a few sore points for a select few of you. Shame on some you, particularly when you are not even in SP but it does remind me of my 2 sons who will keep going until they are both in tears. Many of you did not get the chance to see the news and most of us do not come over very well in emails or posts where there is no face to make judgement.

I overheard some of the involved tourists(in the bar)other items not reported by him as it would just have made matters worse.
As you say Pedro there may be facts you are not aware of but I and others did also hear your remarks to anyone in hearing distance at the bar. I'll just say don't be so quick to judge without the facts, it can backfire.

None of the additional information was detrimental to the crew and they did manage to get the phone from the boat. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop by the way but curiousity got the better of me.

As SP grows the many dive shops here will have no choice but meet the standards requirements of the US, Canada and Britan.
I also agree with canbrit regarding the need to raise the safety bar even if that increases costs and prices. There have been incidents in the last few years, dive boats leaving divers behind, running aground, inexperenced divers too deep and now a fire, no differant to other dive centers worldwide who have their share of accidents but SP does not need to be like other dive centers. Standing out in the crowd in more than just the scenery seems a good idea.

canbrit,
I saw your pic, does the anan ring a bell ? PM me

Now I can go back to just reading posts.

What pictures? Where?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by planter61
As for the life ring one of the victims is showing around town. Perhaps
she can cash it in at the airport in exchange for the $36 US you required from
us to Leave the Country. Missed that in the travel brochures.

LMFAO! I can't recall a country that does not charge departure taxes. Take it up with the airline for not rolling the cost into the ticket price and GET OUT MORE! Sheesh!

Originally Posted by travelqueen
Originally Posted by planter61
As for the life ring one of the victims is showing around town. Perhaps
she can cash it in at the airport in exchange for the $36 US you required from
us to Leave the Country. Missed that in the travel brochures.

LMFAO! I can't recall a country that does not charge departure taxes. Take it up with the airline for not rolling the cost into the ticket price and GET OUT MORE! Sheesh!

Isn't the departure tax in Miami $40? TQ is right; blame the airline - should be included in your ticket - don't blame Belize!

Live and let live
So many people internet shop for their airline tickets these days and there is often a little box that you tick if you want the rate with all of the taxes included.

Yes the departure tax from the US is hefty. I always opt to have the taxes included in my ticket so I don't get too offended by the awful rates. shocked

I think the "dive trip from hell" moniker still belongs to the wave dance incident during Iris.

There weren't too many people worrying about their dive gear after the fact.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.