Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am only relaying info that has come to me by the developers own mouth. I am not an investor, nor do I want this project to go. But, in all fairness, you who are interested should know that it is going to happen.
He already has the blessing of the mayoress, Musa, and has funding by banks for over $2 million. That won't get very far in the grand scheme of things, but it will get it started. He will build the condo's and villas as they are purchased, so he won't have to produce any "up front" money, all of that will be supplied by the buyers. This is the same way he built Reef Village. All buyers now have their properties, paid in full, unless they are still in the construction stage.
I think this will happen, but like Reef Village, will take many years to get to completion.
I know many of you don't like the builder, but I can only say that his intentions are good, he produces a good product, he does what he say's he is going to do, and he is a God fearing man and has a heart and feelings. He is fair, so far, honest, and I admire his determination.
I am not supporting this project, wish it would be tabled, because I think it will take a lot of the innocence away from this beautiful island. But, like Amanda pointed out, I have mine, and would never stand in the way of someone else getting their piece of the dream. We all have to stop being so selfish, and work towards ways to improve the infrastructure, whether it is through speaking to the mayoress, to the builders, or to the government powers that be. This persistant "Jeff bashing" is getting old, and although is has subsided ever so slightly, I would hope we as adults could find a more constructive way to approach this.
Just my humble opinion!!

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
JZB Offline
I really don't think anyone here is bashing Jeff but I think the consensus is that duplicating South Beach on Ambergris Caye is a rather 'Silly' (to put it politely) idea. Not to mention the fact that we just simply don't have enough tourists to fill all the rooms he plans on building. Even if it is not built for another 5 years they just aren't bringing in bodies fast enough. Maybe he plans on striking a deal with a charter company, who knows? I hope he does.

Development is inevitable. We all know it and most of us have come to accept it, but we sure as heck can speak up if we think our island is turning into a theme park. What would be next? Vegas style hotels? I sure hope not.

But that is just my humble opinion.

JZB, of course you can speak up when it comes to your island. You need to, and you need to put effort in to keeping it pristine and healthy, and making sure the infrastructure can support what is there now, not to mention what is in the future. I agree this is a rather silly idea, but I also believe it will happen, I know Jeff, and he is a determined person. I would hate for it to become a 'theme' park, but this forum isn't going to stop it, unless you start speaking up in an organized fashion, and speaking to those who can make a difference. I wish it would be an easy thing to stop. I guess, time will tell.
As for Jeff bashing, it has been pretty constant, when ever the projects he is affiliated with are mentioned. I was just hoping to avoid that tired subject again. I don't think I said you were taking part in that effort. I guess I was just trying to avoid it taking place again. But if anyone feels the need, help yourself. We all have our opinions.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
JZB Offline
Hi Sun&Sand, I know you were not speaking/typing directly to me. I just wanted to add my opinion on the subject. I also know, as I hope most others do, this forum is no place to get things done (other than plan parties, etc.) but it is great for asking other peoples opinions and occassionally vent some frustration. smile

I hear you, JZB. This is a wonderful place to vent, I think we have all done that here at one time or another. And, as for planning parties and gatherings, this place rocks.
Let's just wait and see what happens with South Beach Belize. Hopefully it will scale down a lot, and it will quietly become a reality, and the island won't suffer too much as a result.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Barnacle, I appreciated the earliler comments you made. Too bad you opted to delete them... you raised valid points!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
oh,, don't worry. i seem to bring them up alot!

aahhh,, what the hell,,,

i have not been to A.C. for at least 15 years. i hear it is now 'crowded'. is that true?
and if so,, do you realy want/need thousands of more people there?
15 years ago when i was at hol chan it was crowded.
the GOB realy needs to look at the existing occupancy rates, density, and think about what they are approving.
i don't think they are.
don't get me started~!!!!!

Barnacle, I don't know what you posted earlier, but I would like to read them.
I don't know if the GOB takes much time to look at the things you brought up, but they need to. Sometimes, they learn by mistakes, and I think AC may end up being a mistake once all the building is completed. Growth is very attractive when you consider the taxes that will potentially be collected. Based on what small tax base the rest of the country can provide, AC will (and from what I understand, always has) provide the country with the capitol it needs to survive and grow. It's already been mentioned on this forum that out of the several millions of tax revenue collected on AC, only something like $69K is returned to the island for it's use. So, unfortunately, money talks, development and growth provide money, and governments like money.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
S
S
69K is returned PLUS the local gov't. keeps all property taxes and trade license fees.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.